1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets feel they are unfairly criticized; Lying

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I hate starting new Jets threads, but this is funny. On WFAN they are talking about how a Jets official said the Jets feel they are being criticized unfairly for playing Braylon Edwards on Sunday. They are also lying saying they HAVE to play Edwards.

Francesca is screaming because the Jets are saying the union is telling them they have to play him. He's yelling because they have to PAY Braylon, but they don't HAVE to play him. A team is allowed to bench anyone they want to, but they have to pay him. Jets are trying to pass it off as "its a pending legal investigation" so they have to play him because the union says so.

The union can't tell a team/coach who they can and cannot bench. I think the Jets are delusional at this point. All they have to do is pay him money, they can't suspend him without pay, however they CAN bench whoever they want. Jets are lying flat out. That franchise is insane. We better kick their @$$, they are only playing Braylon because they desperately want to win the game and won't admit that they feel they can't win without him.

2. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    How is getting paid to sit out a game punishement? Maybe I can get suspended from my job and still collect my paycheck. I'd love that!

Since he is going to get paid no matter what, why punish the rest of the team for his offense? Because that is what they would be doing by sitting him without having even a mildly adequate replacement. He is by far the best receiver they have on the team until Holmes gets back. Taking him out of the game really puts the Jets at a major disadvantage and harms his teammates while this clown still gets paid.

3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Exactly, but the Jets tried to pass it off that they had to play him, when it is their decision and nobody else's if they want to bench him or not. They should have just told the truth that they want to play him, now it looks worse.

Personally I think he should be benched for being a repeat offender. How will someone ever learn. If it was his 1st time doing something bad I wouldn't care as much, let the law handle that[although during it during the season? That is incredibly stupid]. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, but it seems like he gets into trouble twice a year. This is like his 6th chance. He seems like the person who will never learn from his mistakes like people should. It's like someone has to die like with Stallworth before people care. [Edwards was with Stallworth too, which makes it even worse].

Now certain Jet fans are calling in complaining about Ronnie Brown and the Giants' McKenzie from last year. Brown was wrong and an idiot, but he was a first time offender and it happened in March, there was no game that week. He never did anything bad before that, and I highly doubt Brown will do something again, he seems like he learned from his mistake. The law handled it and I hope and believe he learned his lesson. I'd be incredibly pissed off if a Dolphin did something like this during the season, or during the off-season if they've done it before.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    If you’re listening to Francesca, could you tell us about IncarceratedBob’s call-in?

5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    also Edwards hast stated that he would have been ok with any punishment, even missing the game

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Don't worry bro. Its cool. Criticism can't get to them if the respond to it... every time. To every little thing.

7. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    People just complain a lot.

8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    This: :up: