1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Irelands thought on a WR

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Dec 1, 2009.

1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Question
    You mentioned chunk yardage. The question we are asked most by the fans deals with the wide receiver position and the challenge of finding a true game-breaker in the mold of an Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. How do you view that challenge.

Jeff Ireland/ Every team is looking for them. We're not different. We're all looking for a superstar wide receiver. Those players come at a high price. You are either drafting them very high in the draft or giving up high draft picks and a lot of money to get them. Now, I'm not saying we wouldn't do that. The circumstances just haven't fallen for us to do either one right now.

Go get one. Please!

2. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Missed Padres post on same subject sorry all.
    Shoulda known Padre was all over it:)

padre31 likes this.
  3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    merge :wink2:

4. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Hey, there's a Golden Knight I know of that rings a bell in that giving up high draft picks category... hell of a fit he'd be.

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Marshall....yes

Boldin.... no

Won't happen bro

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Link?

7. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Pretty sure Marshall is a FA at the end of this year.

8. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Your always looking, how funny is that i found a few ,He is full of it,he had plenty to pick from before the season and into the season,To, TJ, Bolden even edward would of been better then what we have

9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    TO and TJ are both in their 30s and on the downside of their careers. Boldin hasn't been healthy, and he too is almost 30.

I think Ireland was smart enough not to mortgage this season and the future of this team by sinking millions into one of those 3; I think he definitely wants a young, hand-picked guy who will be around for 8-10 years, not 1-2 then done. Brandon Marshall is the only young WR that I think we could make a move for if his off-field/practice antics haven't taken him off the radar already.

10. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    Brandon Marshall doesn't bother me for one second regarding his personality, and that's strange cause I loathe flashy receivers and much prefer Reggie Wayne/Andre Johnson quiet types. Marshall just gives me a good vibe for some reason.