1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Ireland's Pre-Draft Press Briefing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RoninFin4, Apr 21, 2011.

1. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ophinerated likes this.
  2. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Tradedown- He likes the high end talent of the QB position? What high end in the 2nd or 3rd? Colin, Stanzi, Yates??

3. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Only one more week, thank Jeezus.

Ophinerated likes this.
  4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Ponder might be there in the 2nd if the pick is high enough. That guy’s going to win a lot of games in the NFL.

5. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Ponder is good, but injury prone Would rather grab Mallett at 15 if he is still on board and deal with his story.

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I think they might just take Ponder at 15 to be honest with you. They're throwing heat around Dalton, Mallet, trade downs, not sure about Locker I doubt he's the guy.

7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    If he's looking to trade down, then I would have to assume that means he's not in love with any QB at #15...... and if that's the case I wouldn't waste a high pick on one.

8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I don't see it.... at least not from a QB who has to be doing something wrong to be in the position to need 3 shoulder surgeries. He's virtually on borrowed time now, and I don't see how we cant not learn from our past mistakes regarding injury plagued players, or at least not in the 1st or 2nd round.

I think people are trying to push some of these guys (Dalton included) higher up the boards with hopes their true targets become more accessible.

9. Makados10

Makados10 Active Member

Apr 24, 2010
    As a huge Seminole fan, went to 7 games between '09 and '10 seasons, I'd be happy if we picked Ponder.

His draft value is not at the 15 spot and we could use that to our advantage... we can move back in the 1st and pickup a late 2nd rounder or an early 3rd, I'd be very happy with that.

As for injuries...

Ponder did have a shoulder separation in 2009 that required surgery, which was a bummer, because he was starting to garner Heisman talk. Thankfully, like Sam Bradford, it wasn't a damaging shoulder separation that weakened his arm strength.

Ponder in 2010 was plagued with Bursitis in his throwing elbow, which I've had as well. He put off surgery all season and tried to manage by draining it 3 times. At the end of the year, Ponder gave in and had the surgery during the week of the ACC Championship game. FSU tried to play Ponder 3 weeks after the surgery during the Chick'fil'A Bowl and he looked horrible. He obviously hadn't recovered yet and they replaced him after a few passes. Again this type of injury, once corrected, doesn't damage your arm strength.

Since Ponder has had time to recover and is healthy, he had a great showing at the 2010 Senior Bowl and impressed throwing for teams since. He's a steal for anyone this draft.