1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Fulller:Z wr?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, May 8, 2012.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012WR.php

I like their take on Fuller, Cunningham and Matthews, but am more curious what a "Z" wr is, and do phinfans think he would make a good one?

IMO, if you watch Fuller pre 2011, you see a large, powerful Wr, in 2011 it does look like those injuries just sapped the life out of him.

2. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I used to play in a very basic WCO and played X. Z just means he's OFF the line of scrimmage on the same side as the TE. He is usually the better WR and uses his speed to get off jams. The X lines up ON the line of scrimmage.

He could play either X or Z I think but you wouldn't put him in the slot.

dolfan7171, SICK, Steve-Mo and 4 others like this.
  3. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    He's got his shot, he better make the most out of it, as should the others. It would be really nice if we could get two or three really good receivers out of this bunch, it would go a long ways in making up for the turner pick.
    You know I like Hartline and Bess both but we need a big sure handed receiver that is money in the bank when the ball is thrown his way. It would be a big help with whoever becomes the starter.

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The Z WR is the flanker wr, the x is the split end wr. The flanker plays off the line of scrimmage.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    At his size 4.6 speed doesn't bother me. If he can do the other things well his speed won't be an issue. He is going to need to play big.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't know about how bad his injuries hampered him, turf toe, hamstring, and concussion issues are all no joke and all in one season, those things can strip you of your focus and explosiveness, what I do know is that when he was healthy, he had a swagger about himself that it looked to me like he knew he could play with the big boys..He's like Marshall in the sense of how he uses his body to screen, how he's not fast, and how he loves the short to intermediate stuff, this dude loves to come back to the ball..big boy man, I think it was an outstanding no brainer free agent signee, you take a chance on your staff with this guy..

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    he's going to have to get over the dropsies. We've had enough of that, like to move away from that model.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is the thing, Tannehill kept feeding him the ball and he did not respond with a level of play.

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    There are big, fast WRs all over the place. The key to that position is the personality. The guy who gets "it" will easily out-perform the guy that's a little taller or a few tenths faster. With Fuller, I don't know what happened last season, if it was the injuries or something else, but whatever it was he didn't have the personality to overcome it. He played better at the end of the season so there is some hope, but then he didn't look good in the pre-draft stuff. He just not a guy I have high hopes for.

10. lohink

lohink Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Bellwood, PA
    I didn't know Derek Moye was in camp. He was one of the few bright spots in happy Valley this year. I hope he can find a way to stick. Anyone know how he is doing?

11. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    No way of really knowing in that they didn't allow media coverage for most of rookie camp. I saw him catch a pass from Tannehill when NFL Network and Darlington did a story on Tannehill.