1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jayson Foster this guy is special

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by calphin, Apr 29, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

2. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Initially, he won't even be used as a WR. This guy right now is KR.

If there are any SEC (LSU) fans here, think Trindon Holliday. Mostly kick-offs, but occasionally in the offense with a special package of plays.

3. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Sun Sentinel said Parcells was on the phone right after the Long pick with his agent and that he was personally scouted by Parcells. Pretty big compliment.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
    alen1 and azfinfanmang like this.
  4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    wow, nice video there. Looks like a pretty exciting player. Probably just ends up as a special teamer though if he makes the roster.

5. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    He has stones for hands and won't be an effective reciever or KR/PR. I don't see us making a roster spot for someone just for a couple of trick plays.

6. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I guess we have to wonder if he is another Marcus Vick type or if he can find a spot on the roster

A lot of flashy players talents dont translate well to the NFL.

I can tell you one thing.He keeps his legs churning all of the time.Thats a good quality to have for a returner.

7. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Ladies and Gentlemen....

I would like to introduce you to Miami's new Lorenzo Booker....

Jayson Foster!

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Parcells invested time in scouting this kid, that fact alone makes me think the kid makes the team as a ST player. He is exciting to watch, BP must think the hands are "coachable" and the legs "worth it".

9. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    It will go beyond that. I think we'll see him take screens and flat routes. The kid is excellent in space, and apparentley ran a 4.34 and 4.50 at his pro day (according to the youtube comments). So the kid has moves, and speed, and I feel he will be utilized more in the offense once he picks up the play book - if he makes the roster.

10. jason8er

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    That's the only way to look at it now. Unless Parcells wants to bring back the single wing formation. :wink2:

11. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth

The kid has some sick moves in the open field, really quick and can juke you out of your shoes but didn't we see that from Lorenzo Booker last year? I just dont see where he fits on the team unless it is strictly for KR, PR when Lorenzo did not fit in since he did not play special teams.

12. jason8er

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Living in this area of South Carolina, I've seen alot of this kid. Jayson was switched to WR/KR/PR during his junior year and was "OK". They moved him back to QB because he was much more effective there, and WAS the GS offense. He has muffed punts and KO's in the past, and Parcells won't be so enamored with him after he watches Foster do that a time or two. I think this kid's only hope is to be EXACTLY what Booker was last year, only much faster. He may actually get that initial "Joe Morris" elusiveness. At 5' 6", there were countless times when LBs couldn't even see Morris until he came into view around the outside of the OL. By then, he was already at full steam. With the OL Parcells and Co. are putting together here, Foster may even actually be able to take a pitch or two, and do something with it. I still have my doubts though.

13. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Seems like a guy like that could transition into a nifty type WR.

14. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    Jayson Foster

If you look at the bottom of this article it looks like he will be used on returns

15. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    If they can find any type of role for him it would be a huge win. The guy is an undrafted free agent.

16. caneaddict

caneaddict Season Ticket Holder

Dec 4, 2007
    2 plays and then he can tumble out of the league. But I HAVE to see him run these 2 plays.

1. double reverse with Ginn!

2. double reverse with Ginn to Foster where Foster stops and throws back across the field to Ginn. Usually on that play the guy who ends up making the throw doesn't have a huge arm so he just throws it back to the other sideline where the initial guy is waiting. Here Ginn could turn straight upfield after giving the ball to Foster because Foster has a big enough arm to catch Ginn on the opposite side of the field going vertical.

Obviously we could only use the play once before defenses pick up on it and a defender stays with Ginn (although I would take my chances with Ginn 1 on 1 in the open field).

Problem is that if those trick plays are all Foster's good for then it would be tough to keep a roster spot for him.

17. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I've seen this kid in person...he's a man among boys at Geo. Southern. That said, he'll have to really impress in camp. Yeah, Parcells supposedly took time to look at him. He has the make up to be a good STer and gadget play guy, but he'll have to really impress. He does have issues as a receiver...two left thumbs comes to mind...but he's exciting to watch in the open field...One other thing, as you look at game film and youtube stuff on him, that offense was designed around him and his strengths...getting him past the DL and giving him a chance to break a tackle or make a guy miss, which he's very adept at...Now, how that translates to Dan Hennings offense ?? I don't know...if they didnt' want to keep LoBook around, where is the room for this kid ??

18. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    Foster and Bess have been told they will compete for kick return roles, an indication the Dolphins are intent on lessening the workload of second-year receiver Ted Ginn Jr.

19. jason8er

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Just so everyone knows, those 2005 stats (1481 yards 21 TD) were rushing yards, and not recieving. His 2005 and 2007 rushing numbers as a QB, were similar and stellar actually, but in 2006 when he was used as a WR/PR/KR, they took a nose dive down to almost nothing in comparison. One things for sure, he's an incredible underdog, and for that, everyone here will be pulling for him.

20. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    If those plays work, then we can always trade him to PIT for a 3rd or something. :yes: We all know how PIT likes those plays.

21. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Great video, I just love his speed. This guy has trick plays written all over him. :up:

22. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    athlete