1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jay Ajayi out of practice becasue of knee

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Arian Foster hasn’t been a Dolphin long, but he’s going to get plenty of work during camp.
    According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi is being held out of practice today because of a knee injury. There’s no word yet on the severity of the problem, but Ajayi’s own history will make people raise their eyebrows.
    He had knee problems in college, and there were rumors of concern before he was drafted. But while those might have been overblown during the pre-draft lying season, it will become a reference point now.
    The Dolphins are curious about how the position will develop, as they hoped to use both Foster and Ajayi. But there are legitimate concerns about how much they’ll be able to stay on the field, so it might take care of itself over time.

2. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    jay kept harping on the knee thing, makes me think it is worse.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Nope. No need for Miller. We're all set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlucky 13 and resnor like this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It is supposedly just a bone bruise.

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    yup, just a bone bruise, will miss a few practices only. and it's to his other knee (not the one with the pre draft history).

6. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I haven't been comfortable with Ajayi as our go to running back since Lamar Miller left....Kinda just "Meh" on J.A.
    I haven't actually expressed that a whole lot, but the injury history with J.A is a major concern for me personally. Hopefully this is nothing to worry about, but I certainly am not counting on him to carry the load for us this year. I actually think Kenyon Drake will end up being our best running back this season.

Although....that would be some awesome craziness if Arian Foster stayed healthy all year and had a Chris Johnson (last year Cardinals) type season with us (minus injuries).

7. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015