Jason Taylor replacing Bob Griese on broadcasts

10 replies

FinatikFinatikStaffOP
Sep 3, 2020, 11:57 AM

Hall of Fame defensive end Jason Taylor’s media career is bringing him back to where his NFL career started.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Taylor will be replacing Hall of Fame quarterback Bob Griese on the Dolphins’ radio broadcasts. Griese, 75, had been in that role for an extended period of time.

Taylor will work with Jimmy Cefalo, who handles play-by-play, and former Dolphins tight end and radio host Joe Rose, who serves as an analyst.

A former NFL defensive player of the year and Walter Payton man of the year, Taylor entered the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in 2017. As a broadcaster, Taylor has worked in the past for ESPN and NBCSN.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2020, 05:59 PM

I love the move but at the same time, I can't wonder how many millions he left on the table by not joining a network. He's a good lookin' guy and a smooth talker....some of those broadcasters make more than players.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2020, 07:08 PM

I like Griese and Taylor as players,but as broadcasters they will never be all pro.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2020, 07:27 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

I love the move but at the same time, I can't wonder how many millions he left on the table by not joining a network. He's a good lookin' guy and a smooth talker....some of those broadcasters make more than players.

He had opportunities and the networks didnt like him. Same with Tiki Barber..

but those networks like Ronde Barber and Joy Taylor

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Sep 3, 2020, 08:50 PM

"firedan wrote:

I like Griese and Taylor as players,but as broadcasters they will never be all pro.

I don’t agree with you there. Bob Griese and Keith Jackson always called college games together and I enjoyed their play by play

I’ve heard Taylor give play by play before and he dies a pretty good job

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

JPPT1974JPPT1974Forum Veteran
Sep 4, 2020, 01:25 AM

Yeah as really Bob was getting up in age. Just time for a new change. Change can be good.

Ready for May Flowers and Mother's Day 2022

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Sep 4, 2020, 01:12 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

I don’t agree with you there. Bob Griese and Keith Jackson always called college games together and I enjoyed their play by play

I’ve heard Taylor give play by play before and he dies a pretty good job

Bob used to be a really good announcer, but honestly in recent years he sounds like...kind of confused and out of touch at times. I think it's a good time to step aside, I'd rather remember him as the QB he was for us and not a bumbling old commentator.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Sep 4, 2020, 03:37 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

Bob used to be a really good announcer, but honestly in recent years he sounds like...kind of confused and out of touch at times. I think it's a good time to step aside, I'd rather remember him as the QB he was for us and not a bumbling old commentator.

Oh no doubt, every announcer reaches a point that they need to hang up the announcers mic...

Summerall
Madden
Jackson
Time for Griese as well

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 4, 2020, 03:45 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Oh no doubt, every announcer reaches a point that they need to hang up the announcers mic...

Summerall
Madden
Jackson
Time for Griese as well

I could still listen to Madden all day long- he used to say some of the silliest things to get his point across and it really cracked me up.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Sep 4, 2020, 03:59 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

He had opportunities and the networks didnt like him. Same with Tiki Barber..

but those networks like Ronde Barber and Joy Taylor

I've got to admit when he was paired with Jackson he was better,that was so long ago I forgot those days.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Sep 5, 2020, 07:45 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

I could still listen to Madden all day long- he used to say some of the silliest things to get his point across and it really cracked me up.

I was actually partial to Summeral

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”