1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Taylor Meeting Canceled

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Wildcat23, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
  2. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    just can't picture him as a jet... man. hope he stays but we'll see what happens.

3. Jeff

Jeff A.S.E. Mastur

Mar 18, 2010
    Plantation
    If he goes to the Jets, he's gonna skip a bunch of the workouts, get injured, and re-play his 2008 season all over again. I wish him all the best of luck, but not as a member of the Jets.

4. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I was pissed at Taylor the first go around when he too busy dancing with the stars, but Jason proved he does bleed aqua and orange when he took a good size pay cut just to play in Miami again. Though I love our front office I don't care for how they are treating Taylor, this guy deserves respect as he has always played with honor and all out. You know what if Jason does go to the Jets it won't be because he didn't give Miami the chance to keep him, he deserves to make a living and he still has something left in the tank.
    Enough said.

jdang307, eric, Tin Indian and 3 others like this.
  5. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    If the front office doesn't want him just come out and say it and move on, stop trying to save face with the fans by pretending you want to keep him. He's not asking for that much if they wanted him they'd have signed him by now. They are holding out with him and waiting to see who drops in the draft. If we take a safety with the 1st rounder they will probably try to keep him if they take a LB or DE/LB they won't. Fair enough but stop playing games with him, at least have the guts to be honest about it.

Dorfdad and krypto like this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    jason taylor is a free agent
    he can sign with any team that offers him a contract

7. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

He knows where he stands among the LB corps.

After the draft.

8. AllianceCollect

AllianceCollect The Beautiful Mrs. AC....

Mar 25, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    As far as I'm concerned there is no point to a meeting right now. He already knows where the team stands and really, what's the point? I'd rather the FO stay focused on Thursday and deal with Jason the week after.

DolfanJake likes this.
  9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm not that suprised.

10. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I dont really understand this. How could we let a guy like JT go to our division rivals and let them load up some more?

11. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    these guys need to stop playing games ,either you want him or you dont

12. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I'll wait to see how things play out with the draft, but they'd better have a GOOD plan for OLB if they don't re-sign JT.

13. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I thought it was just Tony Sparano who was going to meet him?

14. Jeff

Jeff A.S.E. Mastur

Mar 18, 2010
    Plantation
    Maybe Jason is making the Jets stall in their FA aqquisition. Aren't they allowed only 1 FA addition because of the rules of the uncapped season and where they finished in the playoffs? Maybe this is his way of toying with the Jets, then after Miami makes a decision, he will either come back to Miami, or tell the Jets to f**k off and sign with another team.

15. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The draft is in less than a week. To make any kind of decision now is just pointless. If the Jets could wait this long on the deal, they can hold off 5 days

DolfanJake likes this.
  16. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    thanks for explaining that, I'm an idiot who doesn't understand the process....
    What does this have to do with anything? He wants to stay here and he's waiting for our front office who is clearly playing games. He has an offer on the table.....he's giving us a chance to sign him before anyone else. So either sign him or be honest with him and tell him you want a younger player and you don't want him taking reps away.....seems pretty simple.

17. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    those are the facts as we know them
    we all understand the process and the taylor situation
    be patient and see how it all plays out
    the FO called off the meeting to focus on the draft
    more important

18. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Honestly the way the are treating him he should sign with the jets the night before the draft

DHPVW likes this.
  19. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nonsense, this Front Office makes decisions that are the best for the Team..first...and they do not do so based on emotion, if it is in the best interests of the 2010 Dolphins, JT will be signed, if not, he heads to the Jest.

That is the way it is, I'd prefer he be kept, but if he isn't, it is what it is.

Jeff, DolfanJake, eric and 1 other person like this.
  20. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    This would be an EPIC WIN.

21. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It's like they want him to be a Jest

22. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    No one wants to say it, because it can be devisive, but on this issue, your sense of loyalty to the Dolphins is being tested. You either are a true loyal fan of the team or you are a fan of individual players.

Th FO has to make the best decisions it can for the team as a whole, and if that means the Jason Taylor decision must be put off until they need to make it. One individual player and his wants and desires are not bigger than the teams needs.

Taylor once again, by trying to press this issue is showing he is not really a team player, but only one of the most selfish Dolphins in history.

23. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Also.....to those that support Taylor, the reason the Jets are pushing this issue, is because they want to have this done before THEIR draft.

So Taylor should be helping the Jets and their draft strategy more than he should help the Dolphins and their draft strategy ?

Excuse me ? Which team are you really a fan of ?

24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Both sides of this have a point, the FO should do what is best for the team, JT was a loyal soldier (so to speak) last season and merely wishes his future to be settled for the remainder of his career.

Fans see the greatest modern Dolphin swinging in the wind and want a positive resolution and as fans imho they are entitled to hold that opinion.

"If" Jason Taylor is not offered a contract in Miami and the Jest rescind their offer of a 2yr deal, where does that leave Taylor other than looking like a schmuck?

25. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    This is touching on this thought: did it occur to anyone that by putting the meeting off that the smokescreen on the Dolphins' draft choice just thickened, causing teams both above and below us to think we've got to address OLB early?

26. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    What the Dolphins need shouldn't effect anyone elses draft. If they are worried more about how the Fins draft than filling their own trouble spots, then they should be fired.

Disnardo likes this.
  27. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    It affects what they believe they have to do to GET someone to fill their needs. I wouldn't do anything differently with JT than the Phins have done. Canceling the meeting was brilliant (and wouldn't surprise me if there's an understanding between the brass and JT about it).

DolfanJake likes this.
  28. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    At this point in JT's career,it's up to him on what he wants to do now.
    He has given everything to this franchise and he wants a ring.if he want's to go to the Jets now,I'm fine with that.
    Now,I respect him as person and always will.He has to make life's decisions.But he will lose something if he goes to New Jersey....Honor and devotion to the Dolphins organization and to his fans.This is what JT has preached since he's been here.Hope he doesn't forget that.

29. josephreese

josephreese Junior Member

Jan 9, 2008
    It's possible they want him pending what happens during the draft. I think Taylor understands this. It isn't black and white.

I want Taylor back, too.

30. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    if we get the guy we want in the draft .... we don't have a need for JT - it's that simple. JT played respectable last year --- but he isn't exactly a 'force' any more. he is Plan B, just like last year. JT has to decide if he is willing to wait until after the draft ... it's that simpe.

we don't 'owe' him anything ... he's made a lot of $$$ playing a game.

DolfanJake likes this.