1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Taylor humbled and hungry

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, May 20, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ns-taylor-s052009.ar0sbmay20,0,5800080.column

Smart. ;)
    :D Wow.
    No. We have the best of both worlds. We'll use JT, but I'm sure Wake, if he shows talent, will spell JT from time to time or however they decide to switch them around. Wake can still progress properly.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hes a big boy right now {if you have'nt seen him go to the main website}...looked smooth as hell, dude is gonna ball this year, has the genetics to play 3 more years at a high level.

One thing ive been hearin a little is some sayin that hes weak against the run....I dont see that, JT can shed, keep his head up, disect, disengage and make the play.. for his position,Standing up in this defense, hes got great size right now, probably 6'7 250- 255

I see a guy that was made for this position {hybrid} and how it is defined in todays game, it just happened late.

I mean think about it, If JT is comin out with his skills in todays game with everyone looking for the hybrid player, forget his age for a second, we just drafted a first rounder.

As far as his age...This guy is in excellent shape, hes got good size right now, looks strong and fluid. genetic freak.

dolphindebby and Sceeto like this.
  3. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    as a speed rushing end, he most certainly was 'weak' against the run .... as most teams in order to neutralized his rush - just ran at him -- successfully ... i'm not much of a stats guy - but i'm sure someone could break out the opponents rushing statistics on his side compared to the opposite side during his DE tenure.

not bashing him, as that was not one of his strengths as a DE, now as a hybrid OLB -- different story ... of course, the reasons are obvious

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

yeah he'll even tell you that his best role isn't as a 5 tech. defensive end and that he's better in space rushing the passer.