Jason Allen or Antonio Cramartie

44 replies

TITigers2003New Member
Jan 15, 2008, 05:57 PM

Cromartie of course. But, JA gave hope for his future with his play in the second half of the season. It was about time; honestly I almost gave up on him.

MAManimalNew Member
Jan 15, 2008, 06:46 PM

Well, for starters, the Phili game was in bad weather. Secondly, Schulters matched Allen's tackle total since he was inserted for Worrell against NY. The majority of both of their tackles came downfield, so it's not very easy to even evaluate it, but when gameday blogs on the sun-sentinel are stating the same thing that I'm seeing on telvision about Schuleters edging Allen then I know I'm not just imagining it. Let's also not forget Schulters was sitting at home before all this.

There were several instances since he's been starting when Allen was clearly out of position, too. A safety coming up to make a tackle 9 yards downfield doesn't erase the fact he still has issues recognizing what he should be doing. I don't want the guy to fail, but after everything I've seen, I don't see how any Miami fan could think he's useful for anything other than a reserve role.

ALalen1New Member
Jan 15, 2008, 06:52 PM

"Tigers2003 wrote:

Cromartie of course. But, JA gave hope for his future with his play in the second half of the season. It was about time; honestly I almost gave up on him.

honestly i did give up on him

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jan 15, 2008, 06:53 PM

"Manimal wrote:

Well, for starters, the Phili game was in bad weather. Secondly, Schulters matched Allen's tackle total since he was inserted for Worrell against NY. The majority of both of their tackles came downfield, so it's not very easy to even evaluate it, but when gameday blogs on the sun-sentinel are stating the same thing that I'm seeing on telvision about Schuleters edging Allen then I know I'm not just imagining it. Let's also not forget Schulters was sitting at home before all this.

There were several instances since he's been starting when Allen was clearly out of position, too. A safety coming up to make a tackle 9 yards downfield doesn't erase the fact he still has issues recognizing what he should be doing. I don't want the guy to fail, but after everything I've seen, I don't see how any Miami fan could think he's useful for anything other than a reserve role.

So Jason Allen leds us in Int's, was in the top 3 in tackles in half a season (actually a little less then half a season) in his first significant playing time for us, and he is only good for a reserve roll on a team coming off of 1-15 season?

He pretty much was a rookie this season, and even then he played only half a season, and he was running stride for stride with Randy Moss and he is a back up only?

Schulters, the same player who whiffed on an Int, it went through his arms and went for a TD, is somehow better then Jason Allen?

:huh1:

Plus, Allen is a fearless tackler, he was our only player who hit people and knocked them backwards, ask Jacobs about his 5 yd fumble into the air after Allen whacked him in London...

DFDfan06New Member
Jan 15, 2008, 06:58 PM

I would pick Jason Allen because he started last half of the season and had 3 picks, he doesn't miss much tackles that been said we do need a shutdown corner. If not for Jason Allen who knows how many long runs we would have allowed this year. Remember the eagles how Westbrook was getting into the secondary with ease.

PHphinfan0715New Member
Jan 15, 2008, 07:58 PM

Is this a trick question?

JOjoemalzNew Member
Jan 15, 2008, 08:00 PM

while all signs point to cromartie being a better cb in the nfl, and he currently is, I still believe that you judge a career at its end, not after 2 seasons.

THThe PhinestNew Member
Jan 15, 2008, 10:10 PM

I think if you asked us before the draft who would we pick between the 2 DBs, I would bet almost everyone would have picked Cromartie. When Jason Allen was announced a lot of people were not very confident of the pick. If the Dolphins went Cromartie most people here would have been a lot more confident and I hindsight would be right.

BreedBreedNew Member
Jan 15, 2008, 10:20 PM

"The Phinest wrote:

I think if you asked us before the draft who would we pick between the 2 DBs, I would bet almost everyone would have picked Cromartie. When Jason Allen was announced a lot of people were not very confident of the pick. If the Dolphins went Cromartie most people here would have been a lot more confident and I hindsight would be right.

Well most of those people weren't very well informed then. Jason Allen was seen as a potential top 10 pick before the injury and put away much of his health concern with a great combine.

Cromartie was #1 on my list, but Jason Allen was right there, along with a few others. Manny Lawson, Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson were also on my watch list at #16.....

MRMr772New Member
Jan 15, 2008, 10:28 PM

Cro is on of the top young corners in the league i can't believe we passed on him. Hard to find guys that big that are so fast.

MindwarpMindwarpForum Veteran
Jan 15, 2008, 10:38 PM

I was huge on cromartie draft time.. when he was there with our pick I was like WTF why did we pass on him.. after tradign away surtain.. and yeah.. see my sig.

BreedBreedNew Member
Jan 15, 2008, 10:42 PM

"Mindwarp wrote:

I was huge on cromartie draft time.. when he was there with our pick I was like WTF why did we pass on him.. after tradign away surtain.. and yeah.. see my sig.

It's not like we passed him up for Matt Roth, Jason Allen is a very good talent.

MindwarpMindwarpForum Veteran
Jan 15, 2008, 10:44 PM

im sure he will pan out.. but I knew what Cromartie was going to be. being a FSU fan I seen cromartie in action

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jan 15, 2008, 10:55 PM

"Breed wrote:

It's not like we passed him up for Matt Roth, Jason Allen is a very good talent.

He could even be great.

phinfan0202phinfan0202New Member
Jan 15, 2008, 11:19 PM

I remember watching him in high school because he played in a state championship game against my brother's school and the kid was a playmaker. He played WR, corner, and punt returner. To tell you the truth they could put him on a punt return or on offense and i think he could make some plays there too. Kind of like Deion Sanders.

general tsogeneral tsoNew Member
Jan 15, 2008, 11:20 PM

I love how so many people absolutely knew Cromartie was a sure thing and the guy we had to take at #16. I bet the Houston Texans boards are filled with posters who knew Mario Williams was the right choice all along. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

There's only a few people on this board that were clamoring for Cromartie at the time, Boomer being one of the main supporters (I remember because I argued his knee injury, which forced him to miss the entire 2005 season, made him too big of a risk at #16, while Boomer argued the immense talent was worth the risk).

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jan 16, 2008, 12:47 AM

Cromartie is better now, but how good would he have been if he got yanked around 4 times in his two years at San Diego? J.Allen got yanked into two positions at once, then to Safety only, then to Corner only, now back to Safety. How is anyone to develop? And yet he did towards the end.

Oh by the way i wanted marcus mcneil with that pick, not Cromartie though.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jan 16, 2008, 12:51 AM

What is this, a joke??

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jan 16, 2008, 12:52 AM

"general tso wrote:

I love how so many people absolutely knew Cromartie was a sure thing and the guy we had to take at #16. I bet the Houston Texans boards are filled with posters who knew Mario Williams was the right choice all along. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

There's only a few people on this board that were clamoring for Cromartie at the time, Boomer being one of the main supporters (I remember because I argued his knee injury, which forced him to miss the entire 2005 season, made him too big of a risk at #16, while Boomer argued the immense talent was worth the risk).

I know its sounds redundant, but I was never really sold on Reggie Bush. He never seemed to me to be an NFL back. I didnt think Mario Williams was going to be special, either.

DJdjfresh47New Member
Jan 16, 2008, 01:14 AM

It's easy to make excuses when we're fans. Cromartie would've been a better pick. Though looking back at drafts Marino would've never been a Dolphin.