1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Allen has been listed at the SS spot lately?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Conuficus, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Is this true or am I just seeing the lineup wrong on the TV. Cause from that he looks like he's playing the SS, which IMO is the best positon for him. There he has less deep coverage and can help against the run a bit more.

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    given the state of our secondary i'd imagine they line up Jason Allen wherever they want on a given play. I don't think you can say hes playing FS or SS right now, because hes the best we got at both positions.

he had a nice game though. That pick was mighty impressive. Not biting on bradys pump or falling for the look-off, it was a good play for Allen. Did everything right and made brady look really dumb..at least for one play..

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    ^ yeah it seems like he is starting to get into his groove. Hopefully he pans out and ends up being our safety down the road

4. pags77

pags77 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Jersey
    I like Allen, he has a bit of a nasty edge when he hits people, I think you need that from the safety position, it make receivers think when they catch over the middle. He does need to work on coverage skills however, his positioning and footwork are not good.