1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jarvis Landry Interview

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Alex13, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I don't follow LSU, so is the same offense a good thing or bad thing?

3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    It has to lessen the learning curve and be better for the team and especially the player.

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I love his confidence level. Its the same thing he shows on the field fighting for those 50/50 balls.

5. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Cam Cameron is LSU's Offensive Coordinator. Someone else here might know of a coaching connection between Cameron and Lazor which might explain the similar offenses, but, I'm not aware of one. Chip Kelly's 'Oregon' offense is being copied by OCs all throughout college and the pros (especially the inside and outside read option plays), so, it might simply be that Cameron integrated some of Kelly's concepts into the Tigers' offense.

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think the LSU and Dolphins offenses are only "close" inasmuch as all pro style systems share attributes that have the potential to be wildly different at the college level. I've heard this lamented by people for years but in the pros even all these "different" offenses are all running the same stuff, it's just got different window dressing. In college there are a lot of teams that are running stuff that is REALLY different. Not just the same plays organized a different way.

In Jarvis Landry's case his offensive coordinator was Cam Cameron, a pro style coordinator. I think that's probably what he meant about LSU having the same offense. He was in a pro style offense already so he already knows a lot of this stuff.

Larryfinfan and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  7. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    There's a connection, but it's most likely what ckparrothead is saying- Cam Cameron is running a professional offense, which means Landry has experience with an NFL route tree, and some of the passing concepts.

Further than that, the link is tenuous. Cam Cameron runs an offense in the Coryell tree. Bill Lazor was an offensive assistant and QB coach in the same offense in Washington for a little bit, but a greater amount of his experience has been in WCO-influenced offenses. Chip Kelly's offense in Philadelphia basically involved using Pat Shurmur to graft WCO concepts onto Kelly's college offense.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Man I hope this kid can get past 10 yards.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Landry is such a scary pick. I'm still torn about how I feel regarding him.

On the one hand, he has all of the skill and technique to play the position at an all-star level. Not to mention a terrific character guy. On the other, the lack of speed and quickness is concerning. I'm not too worried about 40 yard dash times (no one runs in a straight line), it's more that he lacks the initial burst. Even slow WR like Welker and Bess who were successful and productive w/us, had that first step burst off the line and into their breaks/cuts. With Landry, I just don't see that.

I think I'll be paying more attention to him than any other play in the preseason.

10. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
  11. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I thought Landry was one of our safer picks so I'm surprised how much concern there is for him.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i tell you what i just got done watching the mark duper interview at the dolphins official website, and man did i see some guy wearing the #14 jersey make two excellent catches showing great focus and small space athleticism.

13. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Posted by Mike Florio on PFT
    At a time when one team in the AFC East hopes/needs a rookie receiver to make a big impact, another team in the AFC East found a potential impact player without giving up a pair of first-round picks and a fourth-round pick. Miami’s counter to Bills receiver Sammy Watkins could be Jarvis Landry, a second-round pick from LSU. Appearing on Friday’s edition of PFT Live, Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes said that Landry has impressed so far in offseason workouts, making a variety of one-handed catches on a regular basis.

djphinfan, Ronnie Bass and Sceeto like this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I recommend going to that duper interview and checkin out #14..it should make you excited, even if your like me who questions some of the expectations being set, I sooooo want to be wrong about giving him a third round grade.