1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Laurinaitis will remain a Buckeye!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Jan 14, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/720005.html

“After a long thought process and strategic evaluation of the pros and cons of this decision with my close family and friends, I’ve decided to stay at Ohio State for my senior season to complete my schoolwork and football career,†Laurinaitis said in a statement.

“I know I can still improve as a player, and I know there is still much more to me and for the Buckeyes to accomplish. My love for this university, my love for the people of the state of Ohio, and my love for teammates and friends is so great that I want stay a Buckeye for another season. You only get to do this once, so I want to take full advantage.â€

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Very surprised with this decision, and dissapointed as a Dolphin fan this draft, when 1st round talent sits out...hurts us for the later round options to fall to us.

3. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Looks like Dan Connor and Jerod Mayo's Stocks just went up.

4. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Banned

Dec 17, 2007
    Harrisburg, PA
    many scouts believe that they probably would have surpassed Little Animal by draft day.

This move could really bite the future wrestler in the ***.

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Highly doubt it.

6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    ROFL..

Actually, I had already seen a hand-full of mocks that had Connor as being the first linebacker taken overall..

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    this could bite him in the butt. when you're a first round grade and stay back, its been hurting the kids a lot more than helping lately it seems.

8. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    Well, I'm no scout, but JL didn't look like top 10 material to me, certainly not better than Conner.

Good for JL, now here's hoping he improves his game to match his athleticism.

9. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    It could also make him a better payday Seth.. double edged affair, big reward - big loss.

This is no slight to this kid, he was everywhere during the NC game.. 18 tackles I think.. and it was like I never saw him.. I went back and tried to watch HIM again.. and somehow I drifted into something else... the invisable linebacker to me.. perplexing I say

10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Thats EXACTLY what I said in a thread. I proposed he didnt show, somebody said in the thread he had 18 tackles, I looked and I couldnt dispute it.
    The tackles I did see him make were where he got drivin into the endzone, and another one where he got dragged about 4 yards..

On the positive, he did make 18 tackles, and was all over the place in Pass-protection.

11. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    it is not.. you din't use "perplexing" :blink:

12. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Well that cause I dont know exactly what that means....:unsure:

13. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I will help you...lets break it down

PER = for each; for every:
    -PLEX = Divided into a specified number of parts
    ING = Investment Company

Put it together and you have.

PERPLEXING = For each thought Marty has, its divided into a specified number of parts, and it costs you a lot to ponder and consider just what the heck he is talking about.

There, hope I helped.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  14. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    you got a point Marty. i just think of guys like leinert and brohm staying that extra year...but who knows. and i said it in the NC game thread, and i still stand behind it, he does seem slight and small. someone pointed out that he's 6'3" 240, but i just dont see it. he doesnt play like it imo. so im thinking, take the high grade in this weakish class of LBs, who knows what kind of class next year holds.