1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamar Taylor and Will Davis

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    With training camp opening in less than two weeks (!!!), theses are the two guys I'm going to be watching the closest. As we know, both battled injuries pretty much their entire rookie seasons.

Unfortunately, that was enough for some to already label them busts, but not me. Taylor was already receiving praise for his work during mini camp and while I wasn't on board with the Finnegan signing, he seems dedicated to helping out the youngsters the best he can.

I wouldn't say they are THE key to us defensively this season, but I am expecting them to produce and get some playing time.
    Both seem to have that swagger about them, and both seem ready to go. I would love to see one of them win the starting job opposite Grimes.

HULKFish and DPlus47 like this.
  2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Davis is too all-or-nothing in his style of play. Sure that could make for some exciting INTs, but he eats that double-move like its a steak. And he doesn't have the other abilities like tackling, to make up for other shortages IMHO.

Taylor on the other hand...I believe has the skills to start, as long as he's healthy.

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    last years draft class, these to being the biggest part of it, could decide this teams fate this season. Dallas Thomas will need to step up big if we're going to succeed. Jamar Taylor and Will Davis will have to shine bright for our secondary to enter a higher level of play. When DJ gets back he needs to play like a man possessed. Sturgis needs to improve. If our draft class last year shines, we're going to have a good season.

4. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm looking forward to seeing if we have anything in those two players. If one turns out to be Nolan Carroll of 2013, I'll be happy.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    10 more days til the season starts boys and girls..

Jamar Taylor is a missle of a zone corner..And a technician of a tackler.. Hard hitting, physical, leader..badass.

Will Davis has loads of physical ability, had an incredible combine, is a very smart kid, but loses focus for some reason, gets caught up in the hype of the challenge, then lets up..not physical at all.