1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Long Q&A

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 7, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
    alen1 likes this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    nice read. the more i think about it and read about it, i know this was the right pick at #1 for us, and im positive Henne was the right pick at 57 as well.

3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Good to hear he isn't caught up with little things like the number he wears. it's like, yeah nice if I can get it, but oh well if I don't. I'm not here for that number, I'm here to play some freakin football.

4. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I wanted us to draft Chris Long, and when we drafted Jake I was a little tenative. Cautiously optimistic, especially considering all the "experts" were saying he couldn't play LT in the NFL. However the more I read the more I'm beginning to like this pick. Jake just seems to say all the right things. Plus you can tell that he has a strong work ethic, and he won't let anything keep him from being the best. All the talk about not being able to be a LT will probably a chip that he'll keep on his shoulder and push him harder.

5. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    I can't believe the positive attitude this guy has, and the fact that there is no ego behind it, only genuine enthusiasm, is almost unreal. It's a breath of fresh air after all the bad press the NFL has gotten during the off season.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

What's not to like about our boy Jake? He's going to be a solid mauler for us at LT for many years.

7. RAS25

RAS25 Junior Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hopefully he gets #77 soon i wanna get the jersey.i havent been this exited about a draft pick in a while.is he really the highest paid OLineman?....atleast he has a great attitude about it and wants to EARN it.