1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Dol-Fan Dupree, Nov 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I was looking at mock drafts to see what people believe Miami will pick in the draft and I constintly saw Jake Locker as a top 10 pick and in some the top pick in the draft.

Is this accurate? What are your thoughts on this?

I have seen him play. It is my opinion that he isn't ready to start next year in the NFL. This was the first year at the Huskies where he actually looked like a quarterback and he has been pretty decent. The talent around him might have reduced his ability some, however I see him as a project.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he's a gamer but he does need a lot of work. He's more of a thrower than a passer, in my opinion, and he's very up and down. However, it's true that some people view him that highly. I know there are a few GM's who have him as their top quarterback listed on their big board or at least that's what I've heard.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Before going on I want to say I haven't seen him play too much.

However in my opinion, he is rated highly for his physical skill set. There is a belief that you can teach an athlete to play football, but you can't teach a guy with great fundamentals to become more athletic.

In general that is true. I think a lot of people underestimate how hard it is to teach a guy good fundamentals however, and how much WORK is truely involved. There are guys like Jay Cutler who has ALL the physical talent, but just have a tendancy to do things and make mistakes that a guy with great fundamentals...Chad Pennington wouldn't.

Either way you go there will be complainers. Chad doesn't have the "tools" and Cutler lacks the instruction manual. Then every so often that one guy with both comes along, and his name is Peyton Manning :lol:

I guess my point is, because Locker has such a great skill set there will be teams who will take that risk.