1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JAGS reportedly going to release Garrard. WOW. As per Glazer.

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Tone_E, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Color me shocked! Wow. McKown....really?

Que the bring in Garrard thread.... :yes:

padre31 likes this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I think we should put tires on him and then kick them.

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I think we should sign him instantly.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well no real surprise, Gabbert is supposedly the future, so the Jags cleared the decks so he can eventually play, cancel my darkhorse pick of the Jags to win the AFCS.

As for fitting in here, he will go where he WILL start.

5. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I don't want him here, it will only generate more of a controversy. I'd rather stick with Moore only or if Henne has any semblance of a bad game, people will be calling for Garrard in week 3. Rather not have the distraction.

steveincolorado likes this.
  6. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Yea what a terrible distraction to have...fans calling for a QB that is better then anyone we've had since Marino. Guy had a passer rating of 90 last year with a career of 85...but let's not grab him cause people might have the crazy thought he could unset a guy with a career rating of 75.

7. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Hmm, seems JAX doesn't agree. And I'd rather give Henne a shot before we even consider it. It is all or nothing this year with or without Garrard, so I'm all in with Henne. I like to gamble, what can I say?

8. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

You can still start Henne. If Henne plays well then no one will be screaming for Garrard. If he doesn't, then you have a legit starting QB in this league. Henne hasn't proven anything yet, he had a nice preseason which actually gave me hope. But to risk everything on Henne just all the sudden turning his career around in one off season, when a legit QB is on the market, is not only ridiculous, but just plain dumb.

9. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I fear that you lose the locker room and create a dilemma with Garrard man. Henne could be pulled prematurely due to Garrard waiting and pressuring him. That is all. As wacky as it sounds, I think it is detrimental to the team to bring in someone that can split a locker room, especially considering the strides Henne made this offseason to capture it.

steveincolorado likes this.
  10. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

All those strides he made for the locker room and going to go out the window if Henne cones out and plays like ***...

11. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Sign him, Championship.