1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack White III

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Da 'Fins, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    As he calls himself (he is "3rd man records" of course) ... on tour.

Saw him in Birmingham Monday before 700 people (he could sellout bigger venues but loves the small crowd - sold out in less than 10 minutes online). I've been going to live concerts since the early 70's ... Todd Rungren, Rush, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, U2, Eagles, Buffett, Springsteen, and many, many others.

I'm just going to say this concert was as good as or better than any I've attended. Pretty much the best thing I've seen. Plenty of White Stripes, dash of Raconteurs, pinch of Dead Weather and new stuff. Ball & Biscuit was the most insane song I've ever seen on stage. He went crazy.

White is just the coolest performer and out of this world on stage. I don't know of anyone more intensely passionate about his music while performing it - except the Boss. White is such a phenom, I don't know how to laude & praise him.

Deeply grateful I was able to attend this.

The only real regret is that he did not, as far as I could tell, video this (I think this is part of his artistic integrity). And, there was a stern warning, many times over, not to video with phones. Security were nailing people who tried. Out of the venue. I don't really care about that but I'd love to see this very concert on video. Alas, I don't think there was any taping of it. Sad. It was truly a privilege to be in the presence of, up close and personal, greatness.

2. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I luckily got to see one of the last White Stripes shows on the Canadian tour in Toronto. Awesome show. Even the video below on a crappy cell phone is just excellent. However, you could notice Meg was struggling a lot. When she came up to do Cold Cold Night I thought she was going to faint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BiWiC5T6s