1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jabar Gaffney

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan22, Sep 2, 2012.

1. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Some very maybe news.

OmarKelly The Dolphins definitely want to kick Jabar Gaffney's tires for a workout, but there is concern about a right hip injury being an issue. 59 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly RT @OscarDaBarber jabar gaffney is on his way to Miami.. Good luck» while I've love to use a barber for a source I can't.

Perhaps a maybe... we'll see.

MrClean likes this.
  2. dolfan22

OmarKelly Folks, I caution you to slow down on Jabar Gaffney talk. He could be coming to Miami to continue his rehab and training.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    If he is healthy and signs here I'll be happy.

djphinfan likes this.
  4. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Who the hell is OscarDaBarber?

5. dolfan22

A grouchy barber?

jsizzle, MAFishFan, CWBIII and 2 others like this.
  6. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Oscar Da Grouch's hair stylist!

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Perhaps a friend of Incarcerated Bob?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I think he is Gaffney's barber. He has a photo of himself cutting Gaffney's hair.

MrClean likes this.
  9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fellas, Gaffney is just not that good a player, this is why I'd prefer to go with the youngsters.

Of course 4 gms into the yr we can shake things up, but still.

10. MrClean

Fella, compared to what we have, other than Bess, he is a frigging All Pro. At least he gets open and has good hands, even if he is limited for YAC. Tanne needs another reliable target. We use a high draft pick on a possible Franchise QB, then hobble him with a WR corps of just Bess and the great pretenders.

11. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    He's a pretty good player. It would be a good signing.

CWBIII likes this.
  12. dolfan22

What if he replaces Nono ?

13. dolfan22

Funny you said the great pretenders , American Graffiti is on tv right now.

MrClean likes this.
  14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He is also 31, never had 1k yds or more then a handful of Td's in a single season.

Fella, we are rebuilding, let the young guys give it a shot.

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, still would take Naanee, but not thrilled with either option.

This would smell of the things Sparano did his last two yrs, we need to develop younger players D22, this is the reality of 2012.

I'd prefer Matthews or Fuller or even Marlon "butterfingers" Moore.

Way I see it, Bess/Hartline/Fasano/Bush is pretty much our core offense, the youngsters can see the field when it counts and let's see what they can do when it matters.

Clay/Thomas/AA/Thigpen are our lesser options in the passing game

16. dolfan22

Get the point about us building , and giving young guys shots , but if we sign a wr that can move the chains , get first downs , get more red zone chances , get Tannehill more snaps so he develops that is building in a positive way too.

It is a balance , if an experienced wideout gets 17 more game experience that is a tangible reason to consider signing one , if it is the right one.

FinNasty and MrClean like this.
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

You call Moore butterfingers but would still prefer Naenaethenono? Did you watch him at all during the preseason? He dropped more balls in three games than I care to count! He could be 31, or 19 but if he caint catch, he needs to be removed.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Rebuilding a team requires a solid veteran or two and especially at wideout!!!

19. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Gaffney would be more welcome than Stallworth or Branch, IMO.

Gaffney-Hartline-Bess isn't suicidally bad, and if the TEs and RBs help out, that's at least a decent passing tree for Tannehill. Still means the position has to be addressed next year, preferably with a high draft pick and a good free agent. Dwayne Bowe and Marquess Wilson, Robert Woods and Malcom Floyd, something like that.

20. dolfan22

n
    Keenan Allen works too at this moment , we'll see as the season unfolds.

21. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    do it!

22. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I do not want Gaffney at the expense of Matthews. I know that sounds crazy, but I don't. And there is no guarantee that Matthews makes the practice squad like Omar implies. However, I might live with it if he is replacing Moore, and without a doubt if he is replacing Naanee.

gandalfin, djphinfan and rafael like this.
  23. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He had 947 last year which is pretty darn good. In fact it placed him 27th in the entire league. Not wowing numbers, but considering there are 32 teams in the league and the Dolphins have the worst WR corps in the NFL, it would be foolish to overlook him if he's healthy. He would potentially be the best WR on the Dolphins if they added him. I'm all for building for the future, but the likelihood of any of the Dolphins current "young" players ever turning into anything more than a bottom of the roster WR is not very high. More importantly trotting this sad group that we currently have out there when we have a rookie QB at the helm is playing a dangerous game. You need to give him all the help you can and Gaffney would really improve the unit.

And Naannee is a far inferior player. If it's Gaffney for Naannee (which I'd be it would be) that's a no-brainer.

djphinfan and MrClean like this.
  24. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dolfans say this every yr, save for the brief Marshall era, this is a part of the realization of what 2012 "is" Des.

And the Draft is no sure thing either, teams move up, guys fall off, etc.

This is why I'd rather be proactive and just take our medicine.

25. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Same here, as bad as we need a veteran WR, we need someone we can count on for more than just a couple years, I don't know if we would get more than one year out of Gaffney and I would hate to lose Matthews for a rental. He's a late round pick yes, but the kid was one of the best players out of camp. We GOT to find out what we have in him before we risk him to waivers.

26. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    What realization? I wrote off the 2012 season as an empty hole the second Sparano was fired. 2013 won't be much better.

I'm looking ahead to the 2014 season.

27. MrClean

Don't need Naanee as part of a rebuild, and signing Gaffney would send a message to the veterans that the team is trying to win This season.
    If you don't think he'd help Tannehill a lot more than having Naanee out there, well there really isn't much else I can say. I may as well talk to the wall.

28. MrClean

Well we know he wouldn't replace Bess or Hartline, and I'd hope not Matthews either. Any of the others, I'd have no problem with swapping for Gaffney for a roster spot.

29. dolfan22

Dolphins worked out free agent WR Jabar Gaffney.
    Gaffney was said to be holding out for a chance to re-sign with the Patriots once his thigh injury is fully healed, but that door may have closed with the Greg Salas trade. Agent Drew Rosenhaus reportedly expects either Gaffney or Dante' Stallworth to sign with the Dolphins shortly. Gaffney is a decent role player as a possession receiver, but Davone Bess already fills that role on a team going nowhere this season. GM Jeff Ireland continues to apply band-aids to what has been a gaping wound for several years.

www.rotoworld.com

CWBIII, MrClean and Anonymous like this.
  30. dolfan22

Sports Xtra reports #Dolphins have worked out WR Jabar Gaffney. Drew says #Dolphins are very HIGH on Donte Stallworth & Jabar Gaffney & it's likely one end up playing for the #Dolphins

Anonymous likes this.
  31. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    We are going after everyone that played for Washington.

I hope they make the right decision and sign Gaffney.

32. MrClean

If we do sign him, I just hope it's to replace Naanee.

33. dolfan22

Logical I think , AA can provide speed , Gaffney can get open underneath and catch. We lose no young wr.

34. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Gaffney for Naannee makes the most sense and I'd hope they still keep Matthews, but the fact that people would be willing to risk the development of the most important player this franchise has had in over a decade (Tannehill) throwing a poor unit out there with him over a 7th round pick is a little ridiculous to me.

35. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Garbage in, Garbage out.

36. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i welcome any wr vet that can help us win this year. we will get our youth and talent at the wr position in the next draft and we will need one or 2 wr vets to help our new wr draftees next april. what we need is wr vet help now!

37. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Im not a gaffney fan, but the team has already given all of the youngsters the whole offseason and preseason to prove themselves and earn a shot, and they all fell flat on their faces. The team needs to give Tannehill all of the weapons that they can. A one year deal has no downside.

38. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i'm ready to give the guys we have at WR now a shot at playing a real game with no vanilla offense and a complete gameplan, i'm kind of anxious to see what happens

39. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    Naanee is pretty good in Madden. :couch:

40. Rilo

Rilo New Member

Aug 6, 2011
    To me Gaffney would become our vertical threat which could replace Naanee. In a ideal world Naanee would learn from Gaffney and become what we hoped he would be at the start of camp