I've joined the darkside (ps3)
21 replies
So i bought me a 60gb ps3 today. I paid $425 for the system, Killzone 2, Littlebigplanet, Drakes unfortune, Shadows of Colossus and HD component cables. So how'd I do?
Killzone 2 is a lot of fun, haven't played Drake's yet, but I hear it is one of the best looking games on the system. I'd say you should get an HDMI cable to replace those components. SoC is supposed to be awesome too, it's in my back log right now.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Drake's is a very fun game. You got a good deal. If you only use it for Blu-ray you're cheating yourself. There are are a lot of good games you should play. Resistance and MLB the Show are two excellent ones for starters. Heavenly Sword is an underrated game b/c it's short and was released when nobody had a PS3 yet. But it's a lot of fun and a very well made game.
Great Deal!! Drakes is a bit short but one of the best games I have played this generation.
I like Shadows of Colossus a lot but I'm only half way through it.
"muscle979 wrote:
Drake's is a very fun game. You got a good deal. If you only use it for Blu-ray you're cheating yourself. There are are a lot of good games you should play. Resistance and MLB the Show are two excellent ones for starters. Heavenly Sword is an underrated game b/c it's short and was released when nobody had a PS3 yet. But it's a lot of fun and a very well made game.
plus its on sale at a lot of places. think it was 15 bucks at a sears essentials. i paid full price for it, and enjoyed it. of course theres MGS4 too and as muscle mentioned, the resistence series is a must own for ps3 users. drakes was a lot of fun. all awesome imo. and u get to kill a couple of hours with "home" too...however that ended up a bit more disappointing than expected. i just dont get paying 3 actual dollars for a stupid make believe love seat.
"muscle979 wrote:
Drake's is a very fun game. You got a good deal. If you only use it for Blu-ray you're cheating yourself. There are are a lot of good games you should play. Resistance and MLB the Show are two excellent ones for starters. Heavenly Sword is an underrated game b/c it's short and was released when nobody had a PS3 yet. But it's a lot of fun and a very well made game.
I got that for my fiance for her birthday, and we have been playing together, and we both like it. I really like the motion control part with Ky (sp?).
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Congrats and you definitely got a great deal.
I still don't get misinformed comments about the PS3 only being a Blu-Ray player because that's not true and comments saying such seem outlandish to me. :pity:
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
So i've played about an hour or two of littlebigplanet. Great game. It's easily the most creative game i've played since world of goo on the wii. Haven't gotten to either Killzone 2 or Drakes yet. Im not entirely interested in Killzone because I have the 360, so it's hard to get excited for another shooter.
"sking29 wrote:
Congrats and you definitely got a great deal.
I still don't get misinformed comments about the PS3 only being a Blu-Ray player because that's not true and comments saying such seem outlandish to me. :pity:
is it any different than 'Wii is for babiez"? I mean theres several reasons why that statement isnt true but people still say it nonetheless.
"CitizenSnips wrote:
is it any different than 'Wii is for babiez"? I mean theres several reasons why that statement isnt true but people still say it nonetheless.
The Wii's motion control is not as accurate as needed to play most of the games I have played on that system.
Boom Blocks is fun though
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"CitizenSnips wrote:
So i've played about an hour or two of littlebigplanet. Great game. It's easily the most creative game i've played since world of goo on the wii. Haven't gotten to either Killzone 2 or Drakes yet. Im not entirely interested in Killzone because I have the 360, so it's hard to get excited for another shooter.
Killzone isn't just another shooter IMHO.


I recommend MGS4 and Infamous(I've only played the demo but I enjoyed it)

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
infamous is definitely on the list. Infamous, MGS, and Ratchet are probably my next few games. Unfortunately Sonys got absolutely nothing in the near future to tempt me so im in no hurry to finish these games. I went to preorder some games for it and realized there isn't one game i want on the system until next year. and I dont like god of war. FF XIII and Versus are different stories though.
You got a great deal! Although imo drakes goes stale about 3/4 through. You'll see why. Drakes 2 looks awesome though
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
"CitizenSnips wrote:
infamous is definitely on the list. Infamous, MGS, and Ratchet are probably my next few games. Unfortunately Sonys got absolutely nothing in the near future to tempt me so im in no hurry to finish these games. I went to preorder some games for it and realized there isn't one game i want on the system until next year. and I dont like god of war. FF XIII and Versus are different stories though.
You can play as the Joker if you get Batman on the PS3
Def got a good deal. Drake's was fun, looking forward to the sequel quite a bit. I agree w/ mor that it probably got a bit stale, but still worth playing imo. Welcome to the darkside
"CitizenSnips wrote:
infamous is definitely on the list. Infamous, MGS, and Ratchet are probably my next few games. Unfortunately Sonys got absolutely nothing in the near future to tempt me so im in no hurry to finish these games. I went to preorder some games for it and realized there isn't one game i want on the system until next year. and I dont like god of war. FF XIII and Versus are different stories though.
Well not all of us can handle awesome I guess. J/K :tongue2:
"mor911 wrote:
You got a great deal! Although imo drakes goes stale about 3/4 through. You'll see why. Drakes 2 looks awesome though
I think I know what part you're talking about. By that point the game's almost over so it didn't bother me too much.
"muscle979 wrote:
I think I know what part you're talking about. By that point the game's almost over so it didn't bother me too much.
i think we're on the same page too (i think we talked about this way back when it came out)... but yeah it's close to the end. I got through it. I really enjoyed it, and by no means am I saying Drakes is a bad game. I was just a little confused as to why they went that direction.
I'm trying not to spoil anything obviously
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
Well i'll cross that bridge when i get to it in Drakes. Going to be awhile before littlebigplanet lets me play anything else though. i'm a huge platformer fan so this is game is like heaven for me.