1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its the most won-der-ful tiiiime, of the year.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I died a little bit today like everyone else. But now too marks a great time for me and this sport. After we get through the rest of this pesky post season...
    Its Free Agency, Combine, and Draft time!!!

This is when thephins is at its best to be honest. the most informative and quality added posts and threads. tons of info that truly enlightens and informs...not just shovin saturated opinions down eachothers throats.

it seems as though Parcells will be in our war room again. and we know what we have as far as coaching and management goes. we know how good they were with modest talent. now we get to watch the next step unfold, and i for one am siked and cannot wait.

this sport has become just as much about the journey, as the destination. we now have hope for making it to a desirable destination. lets enjoy the hell out of the journey this off-season. the future is bright Dolfans.

Now if I can get lucky and get picked for thephins draft chat extravaganza again...it'll be one hell of an April. I'm gettin a quarter keg for myself for this go-around.:up:

Phinacious, PMZQ, Phinperor and 3 others like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

super bowl or bust. who's with me?

steveincolorado likes this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    every year i look forward to offseason activity more and more. how long until the draft again?

4. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    110 days lol

5. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    april holmes.....but not so fast...the combine is first:hi5:

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    ya know, i said this in another thread somewhere on here, but i think were in for a good FA period here. Id be willing to bet there were alot of guys we targeted last year that probably laughed at us... a 1 and 15 team, with an unknown coach, new FO, and ownership possibly changing hands. Im sure as a result we lost out on a few guys we really wanted...

Today's loss caps off one of the best years this organization has seen in a long time. Sparano did a great job building up his reputation this year as a coach, our staff should remain in tact for the most part, as well as the FO, and were coming off an 11 and 5 season, that saw us win a division championship and host a home playoff game, and see our attendance increase... In my opinion, its all done a great job helping restore this teams image. Once again returning it to a team that players are going to jump at the opportunity to join.

It should hopefully be a good offseason for us for once... not one fill with turmoil and instability... that in itself is really exciting!

7. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    With that, I could care less about today...OK not really but its awesome news.

As even as optimistic as I tend to be most of the time, I didnt expect a Superbowl appearance this season so we might as well get to the drawing board then.

I am sure they now know who's who, and what's what, in what situation.

So I can see a lot of dead weight being dumped.

Not as much as last season but I still see a run on FA to bring in needed depth and players to start.

8. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    At least you have something left inside of you, Seth.

The Jets have pulled out everything inside of me in just 20 years of life.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    you were watching as a baby?

10. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    The only thing that put me to sleep was when the parents put me infront of a TV with football on. True story, or so I'm told. :lol:

11. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It's a long six months for me until training camp starts. At least baseball will start soon. I've got to get over to Turner Field a few more times this year, the Braves need me.

I'll be attending my first Dolphins game next season when they play Atlanta. I'm pretty excited about that.

cnc66 and unluckyluciano like this.
  12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Its going to be a bad season in atl I think given how the offseason has gone. Heres to hoping you are good luck. Go when we play the phils.........

13. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The Jest were on tv back then.....lol:wink2:

14. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

I'm undefeated at Turner Field and even back in the days of Fulton County stadium. I'll definitely make sure I catch a Phils and Mets series. I should have a lot more time because I'm getting out of the Army.

cnc66 likes this.
  15. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Theres a lot more to this game than winning Superbowls. theres not enough of those to go around. but this team is injected with tons of hope. and thats all you can ask for as a fan.

we need stability in the switch of ownership. if Ross comes in, establishes himself as a fans first, team first, stay out of it owner...its all good. And King Carl needs to stay the F away from Miami cause no one wants him here.

We keep Parcells happy and here for as long as we can, and we're golden. we have a great caching staff, some young talent, and the best talent evaluators in the league.

i can honestly say, the Jets are in a state of turmoil, and their owner is destroying them worrying about $$$ over winning, and so its hard to be positive about them. maybe they'll come out of it. maybe they've been set back a few years.

but thats why im happy. the futures so bright here...we gotta wear shades.:cool:

and even today, we got off to a bad start, gave up 5 turnovers. but we still were in it in the 4th quarter despite the final score. i had no delusions of grandeur, im more concerned about taking those profound steps towards being a solid franchise.

cnc66 and steveincolorado like this.
  16. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    nothing beats opening day. nothing beats the game. but i love the process. and we need to get better player wise, and im going to savor these days because i think they're bright ones for us...and thats not always the case as the past 3 years made abundantly clear.

17. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    like i said, once we get finished with this pesky post-season...the fun begins.

18. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

If my parents were jet fans I would wanna sleep too.:up: besides, 20 years of jets football would put anyone to sleep.

Sethdaddy8 and dolfan32323 like this.
  19. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I agree. I'm actually more attached to this site around the offseason. I think I love draft day more than the actual season itself. :D

20. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Fixed... :shifty:

21. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Lets hope so, the Bravos are due for a bad patch ! :up: