1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Only Just Begun....Expectations, despair, the underdog, dissapointment

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ExplosionsInDaSky, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011

I don't claim to be a football genius by any stretch. My knowledge is more with the game of basketball but I am a die hard Dolphins fan and have been for over 22 years now. What I have seen thus far in regards to the upcoming 2012 season are many things new and old to me. After a less than valiant effort in the preseason i'm left with little to be excited about right? I think not.....This is just the beginning.

First of all...the expectations:

-Ryan Tannehill will be this years Andy Dalton-

-Reggie Bush will have a monster year across the board. I'm thinking Marshall Faulk type numbers from his Rams days-

-Davone Bess will become a better reciever this year than he already is-

-Sean Smith can make a pro bowl this year-

-Cam Wake can make a pro bowl this year-

-No one likes Fasano but he just keeps hanging around and he will again be our top threat inside the 20-

The Despair:

Chad Johnson cheated! And if Chad Johnson couldn't be faithful to Evelyn Lozada beauty queen that she is....There was no way he was going to be faithful to this team. This sucks because I had such high hopes for him going into pre season. I really thought we were about to see a Bernard Hopkins type of comeback resurrection type ish. Instead Chad Johnson led himself to a mere watery grave cementing himself into ground forever....So forget that comeback bullish right....

Even with Chad Johnson the group of receivers was suspect. Davone Bess is still here and he's about as reliable as they get as a number 2 option. He'll have to be our go to guy this year though and I expect big things from him. The rest of the group not so much. It's true that we did get bigger (no homo) in size but not in talent. In fact we just may have the worst recieving core in the league. I'm not banking of Clyde Gates suddenly learning how to run a route. I wont gamble on Rishard Mathews being another Victor Cruz, and I can't even see Brian Hartline right now! In fact i'm already predicting that Reggie Bush will finish second on the team in catches behind Bess.
    The guy I am rooting for (BJ Cunningham) wont even make the team.

The underdog:

We didn't get the comeback drama story with Ocho Cinco but we might get an underdog story in Austin Spitler. People this guy can tackle and the more Karlos Dansby runs his mouth the better Spitler seems to play. He's not the playmaker or talent that Dansby is but he's the football player that Dansby isn't.
    Spitler has a funny last name like Pat Angerer but he can also tackle like Angerer. He is one of those out of nowhere guys like Angerer. He also comes from a big ten school and a conference known for producing tackling machine linebackers. I doubt Dansby's job is in question but he does need to keep quite and play ball or Spitler will rack up about 130 tackles this season.
    People forget that this kid came from Ohio State and that he can actually play. We go into the season deep at the MLB position and that is a good thing.

Dissapointment:

The dissapointment is that we aren't as bad as we think we are. Or maybe the dissapointment will be realizing the truth and coming to grips with the fact that we will be a horrible team this year. For me it will be watching BJ Cunningham, and Chris Hogan join the likes a Philip Livas, and Ronald Bellamy. It will be accepting the fact that Clyde Gates is just a guy that can run fast, and it will also be a harsh reality when Matt Moore gets the call to go into the game. Here are some other harsh realities that await.

-JJ Watt pancaking Jon Martin, and then Ryan Tannehill in a loss 0-1

-A healthy Darren McFadden and we still win 1-1

-Jets receivers being better than ours in a loss 1-2

-Larry Fitzgerald vrs all four of our secondary players in a win 2-2

-AJ Green vrs all four of our secondary players in a loss because Benjarvis Green-Ellis still wont fumble 2-3

-An angry Steven Jackson in a win 3-3

-Jets receivers banged up...but still better than ours in another loss 3-4

-Andrew Luck and what might have been in a close loss 3-5

-Chris Johnson in a loss 3-6

-Stevie Johnson dances in a loss 3-7

-Russell Wilson and what might have been in a win 4-7

-Tom Brady stomps on our legos and then drinks Philbins milkshake in a loss 4-8

-The 49er defense in a loss 4-9

-Chad Henne potentially playing against us in a win 5-9

-Mario Williams sack/pick six all in one shot in a loss 5-10

-Tom Brady I mean Brian Hoyer toying with us in a loss 5-11

-

-

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No offense...but wtf did I just read?

Ophinerated likes this.
  3. canesz06

canesz06 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Nice write up. One question though. How do you see Reggie Bush having a monster year? Our receivers are gonna be covered man to man because no one is afraid of them. That leaves defenses the ability to have 8 guys up on the line of s scrimmage. Our running game is gonna get stuffed. Thats where having a guy like Brandon Marshall helps. Not only is he a top notch receiver, but he takes up at least two defenders by himself. Its a trickle down effect. I hope im wrong, but I don't think I am.

4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Enough said good comment.

5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    That could be the Dolphins' motto this season.

6. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Here some guys with real problems.

[video=youtube;FQ5ob9B9yD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5ob9B9yD4[/video]

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    How can someone expect to be disappointed?

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    There is so much in the OP I just don't understand:

There's no expectations in that bullet point.

How can you come from nowhere if you come from a place known for what you are?

I don't even...

Why is that a bad thing?

I feel if I keep reading the OP I'll find new and previously undiscovered WTFs, kind of like the Bible Code.

9. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    Hee Haw!!

10. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Or you could just not read it. Or you could not act like I just crapped in your favorite cereal bowl. I mean it's got flaws that can be fixed no doubt but don't act offended about it. Youre acting like your sister just beat your *** in front of your friends. It's just a thought shared with fellow fans.

11. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Stopped reading at Reggie Bush having a Marshall Faulk type season.

12. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

That's funny. I usually read posts from bottom to top to see what the point is before reading the justification.

We made it about the same distance.

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    What? Now I am even more confused.