1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's officially Time to lure Atogwe.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    sparano was asked about clemons communication with the team. that is the question he answered. he also told us about his number of reps. it had nothing to do with praise for clemons play except for he said there have been limited mental mistakes.

2. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    OTA reports of him making plays, being more vocal, and make his presence felt. Albeit I reserve my judement until the pads go on and he plays other teams.

3. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    The fact that he is doing a great job in mini camp means absolutely nothing. Jonathan Amaya is doing a great job in mini camp, however odds are he doesn't even make the 53 man roster, much less do anything during the season.

Our needs are at FS and there is no doubt about it. I am somewhat confident in Culver being a starter for us if we don't grab Atogwe, but that isn't a whole lot of confidence. The only thing that stands out between Culver and Clemons is Culver just doesn't look lost out there all the time, like Chris Clemons does. Clemons can imo be a solid depth player in the future, but I don't understand why everyone is calling on these guys that we drafted in the 5th round to step up to the plate and be valuable starters. I mean Clemons and Jones were both selected in the 5th round and Culver was selected in the 6th round. Culver has the most experience out of all of them, yet has only started twice in his career.

I much rather go after a guy that has started and proven himself, than try and risk these guys that have little to zero experience. Yes, Atogwe has seen a drop off in production the past two seasons, but take into account the 3 coaching changes they have had in the past 3 seasons (all different defensive schemes) and the little talent he had around him...tell me how you are supposed to really excell then? Stick him into a Mike Nolan defense that is beaming with talent and ability, then I think he shines and is well worth the money.

4. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010

Haha good question, its more due to fantasy football and because I like to watch him get tackled :pointlol:, but seriously I don't have any jealousy issues if she wanted to be with him she would be :shifty:

5. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    So hes an offensive player eh? :wink2:

6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I know nothing about this guy. Literally nothing. I will say though I wonder how much safeties on bad teams get inflated stats because of the crapitude of their front 7. Gibril Wilson really made me wonder...

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Well if he's trying to get into her backfield, then he's on defense... :shifty:
    But if he's trying to spread out her defense, then he's on offense... :shifty:

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    He's a future SS. I don't expect him to be much of a factor this year at any position except maybe STs.

9. Cion-Dolfan

Cion-Dolfan New Member

May 19, 2010
    Summerville SC
    Any News Yet On a call to O.J. ????????

10. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    He couldn't reach an agreement with STL.

He's now UFA.

11. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    But that was the problem with Clemons play last year. It wasnt physical, it was the mental aspect. This is high praise indeed because it means he's coming along with being able to recognize alignments and make good calls. It means he's getting the game and will be able to anticipate the play rather than react like he did his rookie year. We have our FS in all likelihood

12. Cion-Dolfan

Cion-Dolfan New Member

May 19, 2010
    Summerville SC

Mr. Parcells Please Make The Call, Mr. Ross Please Sign The Check :up:

13. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I bet it's Lord Stephens-Howling.

14. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I think you misunderstand. I may be wrong but that means communication in the locker room. I don't see where he says communication ON the field. If we wanted a good locker room communicator we could give everyone Verizon.

15. mustang20241

mustang20241 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I don't believe a guy who makes plays and can read an offense or a QB should be judged on leadership. Even if Atogwe is a guy who keeps to himself its not to say he wont call out players or call out things he sees on the field.

This guy is a turnover a machine. We get a good amount of sacks and we are decent on 3rd down percentage. We are bad at giving up a big play. I'm not saying OJ will not give up a big play or anyone else. But what I can assure you is that OJ will make plays and will cause turnovers, fumbles or INTs. That is something this team so desperately needs to make this team a true contender.

I hope Clemons in the answer because id hate to relate our ability to be elite on a hopeful signing but hes a proven choice.

16. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    communication in the locker room? i've never heard of a player being praised for communicating in the lockerroom

17. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Hahaha this one made me laugh :pointlol:

18. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I read it exactly the same way. Sparano was praising Clemons for his better ability to read and call the secondary coverages on the field. Nothing to do with Verizon (LOL), as you said... Last year he had a hard enough time figuring out what he was supposed to be doing much less everyone else. This year is different, so far... Clemons has all the physical tools to make it happen. He needs the reps and the ability to make the secondary calls better to complete his ascension to the starting FS and it appears he's making progress, by Sparano's words...

19. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That is an incredibly optimistic statement based on an OTA. Sure that's what we all hope for, but OTA's don't equate with real games.