It's Official: Sun Life Stadium

18 replies

Jan 18, 2010, 11:55 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/18/dolphins-home-gets-another-new-name/

I actually like it, has a nice ring to it. Fits very well with Miami.

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Jan 18, 2010, 12:00 PM

Seriously? I guess those guys weren't kidding in all of those commercials.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Jan 18, 2010, 12:04 PM

Yeh...

I also very much like it. Sun Life definatley fits with the Dolphins and Miami. I also like what I have read about the company...which is located in Toronto.

They were named one of the 50 Best Coporate Citizens of Canada in 2008. They also didnt take part in the Wall Street mess..(or so it has been told...I guess you never really know)

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2010, 12:06 PM

For a corporate sellout name, its def. one of the better, especially for the location.

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 12:51 PM

blood in the water where brutality reigns @ SunLife Coliseum:omg:

yeh :yes: i think i like that...

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 12:53 PM

Meh.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 12:56 PM

I don't care if they call it Betty Crocker stadium as long as we totally dominate there.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 01:02 PM

another name change
what a total downer
i was just getting used to Landshark Stadium

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 01:06 PM

"muscle979 wrote:

Seriously? I guess those guys weren't kidding in all of those commercials.

So... we have to change our name?

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

RGFRGFSupporter
Jan 18, 2010, 01:20 PM

HMMMM , "SUN LIFE" Not bad. But,If it was the "SUN LIFER" we could jumble those letters around to spell "FINS RULE"....I know,I know, I got too much time on my hands today.

Jan 18, 2010, 01:59 PM

Rename it Joe Robbie Stadium. Nah thats too much to ask, right?

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

charlestonphancharlestonphanNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 02:01 PM

how about giving permanent naming rights to Shula's Steakhouse for a dollar...

R.I.P. Scott Knight; Dec. 1968 - Dec. 2007

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 18, 2010, 02:20 PM

It's still Pro-Player Stadium as far as I know.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

SESeanPSupporter
Jan 18, 2010, 02:41 PM

Of all the names it could have been, this was definitely a decent pick. Now lets hit our new corporate sponsors up for those much needed renovations ;)

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Jan 18, 2010, 02:51 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/18/dolphins-home-gets-another-new-name/

I actually like it, has a nice ring to it. Fits very well with Miami.

I beg to disagree, but it is and always will be "Joe Robbie Stadium"...

Or as Fat Hank calls it...the Stadium formerly known as Joe Robbie...

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Jan 18, 2010, 02:59 PM

Oh well. Just so they our Miami Dolphins and their logo alone, I'll live with it.

OT- One of the convenient stores in LaGrange, GA sells Landshark beer. I had never seen it sold here. Six bucks and something a 6 pack. glad I quit drinking years ago.

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 03:04 PM

"SeanP wrote:

Of all the names it could have been, this was definitely a decent pick. Now lets hit our new corporate sponsors up for those much needed renovations ;)

They are going to pay $ 7.5 million a year, so we can't expect more. They don't own the stadium, just renting its name.

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Jan 18, 2010, 06:14 PM

Sun to the left, Life to the right... yawn, **** is garbage. Dolphin Stadium or bust.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2010, 07:00 PM

I'm down for calling it the "Aqua Bowl"

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O