It's not getting any better.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Dec 26, 2010.

1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    This is off the NFL site.

(Why you should watch
    Could the Lions' third-string QB be better than the Dolphins' starter? Might not be a bad time for the Dolphins to go all Wildcat, all the time.)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010122607/2010/REG16/lions@dolphins

If the third string Lions QB looks better than Henne do we need a new QB?
    That just feels like a cheap shot in the gut.
    Ive gone from thinking we have 3 good QB's to wondering if we have one worth keeping.

Wildcat all the time are you freakin kidding me!

2. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    don't be so easily swayed. Henne needs another year and another OC. i wouldn't mind bringing in competition and hoping Henne keeps his job. i don't want to go through the growing pains of another QB. you've got to give these guys time and most of the puzzle pieces have to be in place. everyone thinks about what if we got matt ryan instead of jake long. i say, what if we got matt ryan and he got injured because we didn't have jake long.

Delfin Alejandro likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Just win the game, Stats are for Losers.

4. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    The difference is, YOU STILL HAVE MATT RYAN, and you can go and get a high profile FA at that position ! Some folks just don't get that !

5. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Another Captain Hindsight? What exactly is the point of debating Jake Long vs Matt Ryan?

Good LTs don't ever hit FA, and unless Ryan could bring Roddy White, Mike Turner, Tony Gonzalez etc to Miami with him, he wouldn't be having the same kind of success.

But, just for arguemen't sake, so what if we took Olajuwon instead of Jordan? At least we didn't take Sam Bowie.

6. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Jimmy Johnson just said the problem for Miami is not the coaching its the lack of speed and explosive players.

7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Wait, I thought it was all Henne's fault?

8. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    This is a good point. Yes we missed on a franchise quarterback but we did end up with a future Hall of Famer at left tackle. There are worse situations to be in. Look at the 49ers. They took Alex Smith instead of Rodgers which killed them much worse than taking Long did for us.

CaribPhin and GMJohnson like this.
  9. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    their both big parts of the problem but it certainly isn't just them.

I'm a very big advocate of scrutinizing the stronger part of the team more than the weaker because thats the part we depend on. So with that in mind, some blame for this season goes to the defense despite their overall great performance this year. The 20+ dropped ints this season come into play (that number is so high that i can't believe I'm not exaggerating). One of them would have won the game against Cleveland. And Both of Fitzpatrick's TDs against us last week were plays our defense should have stopped.

As much as I hate to give props to the Jets, last week Sanchez continued to play pretty poor football, but their defense and special teams took it upon themselves to win the game against the steelers and they did just that. Our defense has not done that this season.

GMJohnson likes this.
  10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I'm glad you're happy with our running game. Comments like that lose credibility.

GMJohnson likes this.
  11. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Nice try Jimmy. Its not entirely true given the boneheaded in game decisions, poor communication, and poor play calling. But its obvious the team needs more guys that can make first downs on their own. Defensively the team needs to find a 2nd pass rusher and needs to hold on to potential interceptions and tighten up the secondary tackling.

12. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Exactly.

13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Can Henne/Henning run block? Or run the ball? Or do you think that being 31st in YPC, 21st in YPG, and dead last with 6 rush TDs is not causing a problem?

14. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    This is the kind of ridiculous stuff I'd expect from a sports writer who knows nothing about the team.

Are you even watching the game? Henne's tearing it up even going into the wind.