1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It will never happen; nevertheless, why I think T.O. would be good for Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Mar 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    No need to point out the Parcells beef. I think most of us realize T.O. isn't coming to Miami. What's the point of this thread then? Well, it's the offseason, and T.O. makes for good debate. Plus I'm delusional and think the F.O. might actually read this thread and sign him (kidding.)

Anyway, here are some reasons why I think it's a mistake not to at least consider his services -

1. We need a playmaker at WR. Cue Captain Obvious.

2. He still has gas in the tank. I think his off year in Western New York was more due to Buffalo's inept offense and QB situation than age related decline in production, although I do not deny age probably had something to do with it.

3. Given the fact that Miami currently has a better offense and stable of QBs, but factoring in the fact that T.O. would be 1 year older, I think we could reasonably expect a conservative estimate of similar or better production than what T.O. produced in Buffalo last year. That type of production would help this offense. Especially the big plays for TDs and I think we could count on T.O. for at least 5.

4. He's a playmaker that can be had on the cheap. Rare find in the NFL. Oh, he also won't cost us a draft pick.

5. T.O. can't afford to be an *** anymore. He has to realize the lack of interest in his services is mostly due to his attitude rather than his play. He was pretty well behaved in Buffalo last year and there's little reason to expect he wouldn't be equally behaved in Miami. If he acts up again, he knows his NFL days are done.

6. We would likely get extra production from the "revenge factor" twice against Buffalo.

7. T.O. needs to prove to the NFL that he can still play. Why not let him do that in Miami?

That's about it. Feel free to attack, or add to the list.

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    TO was the reason that Parcells left Dallas :up:
    no way we go after him

3. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    :up:

4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I was kidding :up:

what is the point of this thread if we all know he isnt going to be in Miami
    besides TO is old. Not even the Bengals want him
    pretty sorry

5. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I know.

As I said, it's the offseason and T.O. makes for good debate.

One thing you can't argue with T.O. His work ethic is great, and he's kept himself in great shape. I think he has 1 or 2 900 - 1000 yard season left in him.

6. DOLPHANITY

DOLPHANITY Wooo Dolphins

Oct 21, 2009
    JERSEY
    I personally don't think anyone outside of Bill Parcells, T.O, and some other people know the exact circumstances of their feud. On saying that, im sure the feud wasn't anything small because they are adults after all and if T.O was really going to help our team out that much, I would like to think that Parcells would at least try to talk to him.

On the other hand, I think T.O would be a great sign mainly because he has changed his attitude it seems like and like someone else said, he knows he cant afford to be an *** anymore. It would also be a great pick because it wouldn't cost us a draft pick which we know we all love soooo dearly and he is that big target we need no matter how old he is. Best of all it would be just a temporary 1 year deal most likely so if anything goes wrong, out the door! He would probably like it on this team also because we are probably one of the only teams that he would be a #1 receiver...He would take a side seat on Cincinnati.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  7. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Def a moderate to high risk/reward scenario. Not sure if I'd be a fan of this move or not. The last thing we need is a me first diva here to mess with the team first attitude. On the other hand, one of the top team needs is a playmaker WR. My left brain is arguing with my right brain on this......