1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Ronnie the Face of the Franchise We were Lacking at the Beginning of the Season?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan94, Oct 9, 2008.

1. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I remember a lot of threads after JT was traded about how we didnt have ONE
    player that stood out as the player that everybody feared and was really popular. Something like JT, or Zach, or Dan the Man.
    Well, I think we may have found him.
    With the resurgence, Ronnie has increased in popularity by a lot. And he is also the one player that when coaches gameplan, they look at him like 20 times.

I knew we couldnt go a whole season without finding ONE guy.
    Thank god!

2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I agree, Ronnie is becoming the face of the Franchise. I think Porter is also becoming the leader of the Defense, which I had hoped he would. Yeah, this team is coming together and good things are on the horizon for our beloved Fins.

3. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yeah, I agree on Joey as well. This guy is getting some respect. As our rookies mature, they will start getting double coverage, which will open some holes for Porter to get to the QB. And whenever he gets a big play, it fires the whole defense up!

4. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Without question. I thought he was the face of the franchise last year as well, his injury did nothing to change my opinion.

HULKFish likes this.
  5. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    It's a little early still but yes... This time next year it could be Henne/Brown/(receiver) or Brown/Bell/Roth or Brown/Bell/Roth/Porter. Not just one dude though unless he rises to LT type of games and remains healthy for at least this year!

6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

By LT I'm hoping you mean Lawrence Taylor but I know that's probably not what you mean.

I think Brown could be considered the face of the franchise. Or Jake Long only because he's the #1 overall pick at a "franchise" position (Left Tackle, QB, etc).