1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Pennington a pro bowl QB?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolpns13, Oct 14, 2008.

1. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Through week 6 Chad is:

- Has the 3rd highest passer rating in the AFC through week 6.
    - Has the 2nd best completion percentage behind (blah) Favre.
    - Has the 6th most yards and 6th most ypg
    - Is second in average YPA with 8.0 behind Rivers 9.0
    - Tied for 6th with Anderson and Schuab for passing TD's
    - Tied for 1st with Edwards and Russell with only 2 INT's, however, he ahead of them in every other major stat category which IMO makes Chad the superior QB out of the 2

So do these stats make him pro bowl worthy through week 6, thoughts? IMO maybe not a starter, but possibly a solid #2 or #3.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

hasn't he already gone? hm maybe not.

he should go.

3. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey

No, he's never been selected to a pro bowl. In 2006 he got comeback player of the year.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

then he's overdue. he manages the game and throws the ball very well (accurately). in my opinion those are the two most important aspects of being a quarterback.

not that i ever played on a team.

5. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Pennington faces an uphill battle for several reasons: Phillip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger are playing exceptionally well (Roethlisberger is the sole reason for Pittsburgh being competitve right now and an early favorite for MVP in my opinion) and Peyton Manning's going to get a lot of votes regardless. Then there's Cutler and old man Favre being a media darling. I think there's a case to be made for Pennington as the #3 AFC QB right now (dunno you can really put him above Rivers or Roethlisberger at the moment) but I sincerely doubt he'll make the Pro Bowl unless he leads us to a playoff berth and even then the public would still see him as noodle arm Penny and probably ascribe the surprise to Ronnie, Parcells or Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer instead.

I actually find it refreshing that Miami fans are finally seeing Pennington for what he is - a fine game manager - but I highly doubt that more than a handful of people here would vote him in the Pro Bowl if he was playing for the Jets or any other team. He just has a bad reputation in fan circles.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  6. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    Is Pennington a Pro Bowler? Maybe. I'll let you know around week 15 :wink2:

I will say this though, if he was still with the Jets I'd say absolutly not.

7. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Me too :lol: