1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Google Making Us Stoopid?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by His'nBeatYour'n, Jul 8, 2008.

1. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Saw the headline at the news stand last night. Found the article on google. Good read, and if you don't read the whole article, you only prove the author correct. :wink2:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/google

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Google? No. Wikipedia, yes.

3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    google is the greatest tool ever created. it doesnt make us stupid. if used correctly, it can be used to prove people wrong and help generate self esteem. nothing makes me feel better than laughing in someone's face as they see video evidence that a their sister is the town bicycle. thanks google!!

azfinfanmang likes this.
  4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    google is the greatest research tool in my lifetime. It DOES make one lazy.. I don't roadtrip libraries as often now, but the accumulated wealth of knowledge available is the greatest in the history of mankind.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    In the article of not having to go to the library, yes it does make us lazy I think..however, I also look at it this way.

I do the same amount of research I always have, however, I can now skip over the fluff often involved with reading page after page and now I can get right to the meat and potatoes.

Of course I guess there is arguement that the "Fluff" we skip over could create perephrial learning and intelligence.

BTW: I would strongly argue that PS3, Wii and Xbox are what are really dumming us down....now if you will excuse me, a good game of Madden 09 is calling...

finsgirlie likes this.
  6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I don't know? I'll have to google it to find out and get back to you.

finsgirlie likes this.