Is Adam Gase the biggest scam in football???

484 repliesLocked

djphinfandjphinfanSupporterOP
Apr 17, 2019, 07:55 PM


Getty Images
Adam Gase is preparing for his fourth season as an AFC East head coach and one of his top goals remains the same despite making the move from the Dolphins to the Jets in January.

Linebacker C.J. Mosley spoke to reporters on Wednesday and shared some of Gase’s first message to his players. The part he shared dealt with Gase’s desire to knock the Patriots off the perch they’ve enjoyed for the last two decades.“

Is this guy the biggest scam in football??

I say yes..

That proclamation is based on several facts..

1) I went to Miami for 1 week of training camp last offseason..and I left with absolutely no doubt that Adam Gase was impersonating a head football coach and stealing money from the owner..

This guy who calls himself a head coach spent an incredible amount of time off the field of practice, I’m not talking about getting his hands dirty in position drills, I’m talking about someone who for 5 strait days was completely removed from the action, just mingling with everyone else but his players on the field, it was a disgrace and I can’t believe it wasn’t brought up by the beat writers during his tenure.

Every morning I woke up and was there before practice began, it took me at least 30 mins to find him, always talking to guests of the dolphins that were being brought in for specific practices, I watched him closely, and I watched the other coaches handle the team, for 5 days strait, I’ve never seen a head coach more disengaged, more absent on the field than this twerp..This is not how a head coach should be imo, a head coach is a teacher, not this guy, the guy seems like an offensive coordinator, at best, and he didn’t excel at that.

2) His ability to judge personnel was a complete failure as far as his recommendations on his past players to bring onto our team..I can go down the list of guys, Cameron Jordan, Jermon Bushrod, Julius Thomas, Jay Cutler, John Sitton.

I hate the Jets, so I hope he scams them for the next few years, I just felt like the this dude needs to be called out..head coach my azz..All he’s consumed with is calling plays..

Maybe some jets fans will see this and go back to their buddies and sugarcoat the facts..

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 09:14 PM

Well he was sold to us as an offensive genius, and every year on the dolphins we struggled to score points and were on the bottom of most categories that said otherwise, so yes id say he was a scam to us.

We will see if he learned anything and turns the Jets around.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 09:17 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Well he was sold to us as an offensive genius, and every year on the dolphins we struggled to score points and were on the bottom of most categories that said otherwise, so yes id say he was a scam to us.

We will see if he learned anything and turns the Jets around.

I thought he was a coach who could take what Miami had and get the best out of it.

He turned out to be the opposite. More of the same.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 09:28 PM

Yes, I totally agree. As us hopeful fans are, we bought into the hype machine. He worked with Manning and Cutler and Stafford, yada yada yada. BS! Yeah, like he made Manning. Ha! It is more like the other way around.

I made a thread about him, i think it was after his second year and I mentioned how he has such an out of control ego. I hated how, in his press conferences after a loss, he would blame the players and take no responsibility and blame for himself. Right or wrong, that is what all good coaches with character do.

His play calling? It sucked. He would abandon everything at the slightest bit of adversity. Never stuck to his supposed principles and plan. Running it on 3rd and long and passing on 3rd and short, etc. The f'ing bubble screens. What a joke. He never used his players to their strengths. Constantly tried to fit square pegs into round holes or whatever.

I could list numerous examples if I had the time. He had no character and no humility. Now, as fans, we learn from our mistakes or misjudgments and at the very least we can say, at this point , is that Flores has a million times the character of that a-hole. That is obvious.

QB whisperer my arse. He certainly didn't take Tanne to any special heights. He helped him into a back up role in Tennesee. Dudes, I can go on and on. This year, if nothing else, this team shows strong signs of building and doing things the right way and if we just beat the NJ Jerkoffs twice, I will be happy. I couldn't stand losing to that bug eyed little douche. F him. Good riddance.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Apr 17, 2019, 09:32 PM

Biggest scam? Probably not.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Apr 17, 2019, 09:35 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Well he was sold to us as an offensive genius, and every year on the dolphins we struggled to score points and were on the bottom of most categories that said otherwise, so yes id say he was a scam to us.

We will see if he learned anything and turns the Jets around.

the only thing that is gonna make it hard for people to figure this scam out, is Sam Darnold, I believe in that dude as a QB..gase got lucky.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Apr 17, 2019, 09:42 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

Yes, I totally agree. As us hopeful fans are, we bought into the hype machine. He worked with Manning and Cutler and Stafford, yada yada yada. BS! Yeah, like he made Manning. Ha! It is more like the other way around.

I made a thread about him, i think it was after his second year and I mentioned how he has such an out of control ego. I hated how, in his press conferences after a loss, he would blame the players and take no responsibility and blame for himself. Right or wrong, that is what all good coaches with character do.

His play calling? It sucked. He would abandon everything at the slightest bit of adversity. Never stuck to his supposed principles and plan. Running it on 3rd and long and passing on 3rd and short, etc. The f'ing bubble screens. What a joke. He never used his players to their strengths. Constantly tried to fit square pegs into round holes or whatever.

I could list numerous examples if I had the time. He had no character and no humility. Now, as fans, we learn from our mistakes or misjudgments and at the very least we can say, at this point , is that Flores has a million times the character of that a-hole. That is obvious.

QB whisperer my arse. He certainly didn't take Tanne to any special heights. He helped him into a back up role in Tennesee. Dudes, I can go on and on. This year, if nothing else, this team shows strong signs of building and doing things the right way and if we just beat the NJ Jerkoffs twice, I will be happy. I couldn't stand losing to that bug eyed little douche. F him. Good riddance.

you cant take two players and their skillsets that demonstrate what a scam this dude was..

Head coach is supposed to use his players skillsets to their advanatage, to expoit the strengths.

Tannehill and Gesicki were horribly hooribly missused skillsets..don't get me wrong, I dontlike either player but their skillsets were not used correctly.

but man, im not an x's and o's guy, but to see a team practice that long without their head coach being front and center, not teaching the game,not getting in his players faces, not coaching like a leader...so very poor traits.

CBcbradForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 09:45 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

the only thing that is gonna make it hard for people to figure this scam out, is Sam Darnold, I believe in that dude as a QB..gase got lucky.

That's one eval of yours I disagree with. I think Darnold will at best be average because I don't think he'll ever fix his accuracy issues even though he can make great plays on occasion. Time will tell. Lots of reasons to follow the Jets lol.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 09:53 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

Yes, I totally agree. As us hopeful fans are, we bought into the hype machine. He worked with Manning and Cutler and Stafford, yada yada yada. BS! Yeah, like he made Manning. Ha! It is more like the other way around.

I made a thread about him, i think it was after his second year and I mentioned how he has such an out of control ego. I hated how, in his press conferences after a loss, he would blame the players and take no responsibility and blame for himself. Right or wrong, that is what all good coaches with character do.

His play calling? It sucked. He would abandon everything at the slightest bit of adversity. Never stuck to his supposed principles and plan. Running it on 3rd and long and passing on 3rd and short, etc. The f'ing bubble screens. What a joke. He never used his players to their strengths. Constantly tried to fit square pegs into round holes or whatever.

I could list numerous examples if I had the time. He had no character and no humility. Now, as fans, we learn from our mistakes or misjudgments and at the very least we can say, at this point , is that Flores has a million times the character of that a-hole. That is obvious.

QB whisperer my arse. He certainly didn't take Tanne to any special heights. He helped him into a back up role in Tennesee. Dudes, I can go on and on. This year, if nothing else, this team shows strong signs of building and doing things the right way and if we just beat the NJ Jerkoffs twice, I will be happy. I couldn't stand losing to that bug eyed little douche. F him. Good riddance.

Peyton did vouch for him and absolutely loved him. Got to give the fans a break on that one.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Apr 17, 2019, 10:24 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Peyton did vouch for him and absolutely loved him. Got to give the fans a break on that one.

and he has done the same for the Jet fans..

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 11:13 PM

He was sold to us a strategic genius.

He built an offense built around creating a pattern, and then breaking that pattern. Yay! We lead the league in 50+ yard TDS! Awesome, chunk plays are what win you games! Unfortunately the base offense was so stale and ineffective that all those long TDS didn’t matter.

He built the defense around creating pressure and take-Aways. We were among the league leaders in takeaways! Awesome winning the turnover battle wins you games! Unfortunately the base defense allowed the opponents to have long drives and found it difficult to stop the opponent or force three and outs.

For his type of offense to work you need a defense that creates three and outs and gives you lots of opportunities for your big strike plays to happen. He paired it with a defense that was almost guaranteed to let the opponent hold onto the ball for a long time. This was the worst possible strategic match.

He created a defense that created turnovers, but allowed the opponent to advance the ball. The offense you need to match this defense is a ball control offense that marches downfield and creates at least a FG opportunity on every possession. You need the opposing offense to feel pressure to score on every possessions or this defense to work best. Again he made the worst possible strategic match.

The guy may be a genius at drawing up plays, but getting those plays to come together in a coherent plan was not one of his skills.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 11:45 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Peyton did vouch for him and absolutely loved him. Got to give the fans a break on that one.

That doesn't mean much at all, DD. Peyton is a high character guy. He's going to say those kind of things. He will probably say that about most of his coaches.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 17, 2019, 11:51 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

That doesn't mean much at all, DD. Peyton is a high character guy. He's going to say those kind of things. He will probably say that about most of his coaches.

I do not agree with that. Peyton is a selfish dick

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Apr 18, 2019, 01:12 AM

"Sceeto wrote:

That doesn't mean much at all, DD. Peyton is a high character guy. He's going to say those kind of things. He will probably say that about most of his coaches.

Coaches coach, players play, GMs evaluate...stay in your lane.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 05:28 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

you cant take two players and their skillsets that demonstrate what a scam this dude was..

Tannehill and Gesicki were horribly hooribly missused skillsets..don't get me wrong, I dontlike either player but their skillsets were not used correctly.

Funny, I didn't mention Gesicki because I didn't want to derail the thread, but he was certainly one I was referring to with my comment. I know you don't like him ,but you remember what I was saying after we drafted him about how he should be used.
I also hated the way he used Drake. I wanted to see him use Drake on more deeper routes in the passing game, similar to the way NE used White. He tried it once and it was worked great and was probably Drake's longest TD reception, but the douche never went back to it again.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 06:53 AM

There are many different types of leaders in the NFL and it's very easy to judge a coach after he's gone. That doesn't change the facts though that he was 5-1 against the Jets and split with NE and Buffalo with a 2nd string QB for most of those games. Now I'm supposed to care that Gase wasn't on the field for the first 30 minutes of mini-camp each day because some idiot said so? I mean, I don't see my pilot whenever I'm flying in a plane...does that mean he's not doing his job either?

I get that Miami wanted to go a different route with the youth movement and I hope that it works out. Gase got a bad shake in Miami though and that will become clear over the next few seasons.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 07:16 AM

Gase's time with the Jets will help to show who/what he is.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 07:39 AM

I know he will be 4-0 against his former team the next two seasons.

Dolphin DundeeDolphin DundeeForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 07:47 AM

Gase makes beating the Jets meaningful again.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 08:48 AM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

I know he will be 4-0 against his former team the next two seasons.

Eh, maybe you forgot we won 3 more games than them last year. Signing an RB and a solid LB to massive contracts are going to change that? They may win 7 games next year. We win 5 and split with them.

Carmen CygniCarmen CygniForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 08:49 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

Coaches coach, players play, GMs evaluate...stay in your lane.

Ignorance abounds. Very fucking foolish statement. Coaches evaluate their players and others all the time. Maybe not all, but many many do. DJ over here acting like he's some sort of scouting warg.

"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer

Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 18, 2019, 09:18 AM

"Carmen Cygni wrote:

Ignorance abounds. Very ****ing foolish statement. Coaches evaluate their players and others all the time. Maybe not all, but many many do. DJ over here acting like he's some sort of scouting warg.

Why are you so insecure?

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 09:19 AM

"Nappy Roots wrote:

Eh, maybe you forgot we won 3 more games than them last year. Signing an RB and a solid LB to massive contracts are going to change that? They may win 7 games next year. We win 5 and split with them.

I think you just made my point. The Jets made themselves a much better team this off-season while the Dolphins went backwards. And, I think Gase might have a little extra on the line for those four games. I can just see the Gatorade baths now.

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Apr 18, 2019, 09:41 AM

Gase had some extra on the lines at the end of last year when we were still in the playoff hunt....is he all the sudden going to be able to call an offense?

The Jets made themselves better. But that wasnt hard. Again, they won 4 games last year. Signing highest price FAs doesnt guarantee you a bunch of success. Miami did it every year after they won 7 or 8 games. They still won 7 or 8 games. The jets were awful. As bad as Miami was last year, the Jets were much worse. Saying they are going 4-0 against us is just laughable. NE hasnt went 4-0 against us, even the year we went 4-12.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Apr 18, 2019, 01:45 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

There are many different types of leaders in the NFL and it's very easy to judge a coach after he's gone. That doesn't change the facts though that he was 5-1 against the Jets and split with NE and Buffalo with a 2nd string QB for most of those games. Now I'm supposed to care that Gase wasn't on the field for the first 30 minutes of mini-camp each day because some idiot said so? I mean, I don't see my pilot whenever I'm flying in a plane...does that mean he's not doing his job either?

I get that Miami wanted to go a different route with the youth movement and I hope that it works out. Gase got a bad shake in Miami though and that will become clear over the next few seasons.

First 30 mins?, that’s not what I said, I said it took me the first 30 mins to locate him.. he is not an on the field type coach, he’s off on the sideline having conversations with various people while the practice is going on, his assistants run the practice..

This thread is locked.