1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden riot

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wpgfishfan, Mar 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoAcbkDbYh0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoAcbkDbYh0[/ame]

2. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    This is a sad act by a bunch of idiots. I've been to more Maiden shows than I can shake a stick at, and there's never been any incidents.

Then again, look at soccer games in South America.

Columbians. :pity:

DOLPHAN1 and calphin like this.
  3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    ouch pagan... geez

4. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I had the very same thought.:knucks:

5. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Bro, am I lying? How many soccer riots happen down there? Not trying to be insulting.

I say the same thing when British fans riot.

The bad thing is - unlike soccer riots - when riots occur at concerts more often than not the band is the one held responsible.

Amazing that they're considering banning heavy metal concerts now in Columbia, when they wont even DARE consider banning soccer.

calphin likes this.
  6. Mindwarp

Mindwarp FFH

Dec 13, 2007
    Over There.

wow talk about stereotypical, and bigot.

having Traveled to South America many times, i have been to many soccer games and never seen a riot break out. Im sure your going by what the media shows you, and not your experiences. If thats the case how many footages have you seen involving just SOUTH AMERICA. and not England or Ireland or Africa or Korea or Japan. I actually have been to more FOOTBALL Games where fights break out in the upper levels. If American Football had anywhere near as hardcore fans as Soccer does trust me, you would have WAY MORE Riots at American Football games. **** you had Fans throwing Batteries at players before in Philly or NE or somehwere I forget. For ****s sakes how many riots have broken out in the streets after a team wins a CHAMPIONSHIP?!!

come the **** on pagan your coments were not needed at all.

7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami

I'm not going to defend the South American comments.

You can't compare individual fights at stadiums with all out riots at stadiums though. You can say that riots show a sport has more "hardcore" fans or you could say that the sport has more fans that are idiots.

I've yet to hear anyone at a football game look at a fight between a bunch of drunks in a section and say "Wow, those are GREAT fans". Just sayin.

SICK likes this.
  8. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    My wife is South American, Ecuadorian, to be exact, and I have watched futbol games (unwillingly) with some family members. Those guys go nuts over the game! There's a lot of passion in the Latin blood and it shows in everything they do, from cooking to being a futbol fan, and everything in between. You always hear the stories about soccer riots, both down there and in Europe, but it's to be expected. When you take that passion and mix it with alcohol, throw in sports.....**** happens.

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC

so american football fans arent hardcore fans because they have self control and dont riot because of a ****ing game?!?!? whata ridiculous comparison......

10. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Wow...now, unlike my comment, that was a direct insult. Thanks bro. You don't know me, you have NO f'ing idea who I am. So to call me a bigot is ignorant.

Go back and read what I originally posted:

"I say the same thing when British fans riot."

And whether or not it's the media showing me or personal experiences, it HAPPENS. What, just cause I wasn't there to see the tree fall it made no noise? C'mon man....

You're comparing fights to all out riots where dozens, even hundreds of people are injured and some get killed. No comparison Warp. None whatsoever.

When Dolphin stadium turns into chaos after a Phins loss and people are stampeded, crushed, and brawling with cops in riot gear, then you can compare.

Hey man, if I offended you I apologize...but it does happen there more often than here man, whether you want to accept that or not.

11. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG]

opfinistic likes this.
  12. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Hey....*I* want the pimp hat! :mad:

opfinistic likes this.