Iron Maiden announce new studio album plus North America tour this summer!

48 replies

Paul 13Paul 13StaffOP
Mar 7, 2010, 11:27 PM

IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and finish in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada The Final Frontier World Tour will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011 (full currently confirmed dates below).

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1184

:up:

Gonna have to check out the LA show, it's at the San Manuel theater in San Bernadino, which is actually a pretty cool venue. Saw that Judas Priest / Heaven and Hell tour last year there.

Anyway... title Final Frontier makes me think it's the last album... doh...:pity:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

CosmicCosmicNew Member
Mar 8, 2010, 12:24 AM

I'll be spending my 43rd birthday with my favorite band in DC!!!

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 09:23 AM

Monday, July 12th at Madison Square Garden.

Maiden and Dream Theater on the same bill.

I can die now. :tongue2:

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Mar 18, 2010, 12:42 AM

hope everyone got good seats today at the presale... i'm going to the LA show in San Bernardino. Got "orchestra pit GA" but so did many others. That must be a really big pit section. IROHVXNXHP is the presale password if anyone needs it. ticketmaster... you can still get the same tickets I did for the LA show if you get on right now.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

CosmicCosmicNew Member
Mar 18, 2010, 08:37 AM

Section 101, row G, seats 5-6. 8TH ROW! DC here I come!

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Mar 18, 2010, 09:58 AM

"Cosmic wrote:

Section 101, row G, seats 5-6. 8TH ROW! DC here I come!

nice congrats! I kinda wish I had a fixed seat.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Apr 16, 2010, 10:28 AM

WOO HOO!!!!

Section 220 at MSG! :D

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Phins28Phins28Forum Veteran
Jun 7, 2010, 07:34 PM

THE FINAL FRONTIER
1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40
2. El Dorado 6:49
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20
4. Coming Home 5:52
5. The Alchemist 4:29
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06
7. Starblind 7:48
8. The Talisman 9:03
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59

Phins28Phins28Forum Veteran
Jun 7, 2010, 08:10 PM

El Dorado

YouTube- Iron Maiden - El Dorado

DEDen54Supporter
Jun 7, 2010, 08:59 PM

Geeze no Fl dates?:tantrum:
I saw them here in my home town in 86.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Jun 7, 2010, 11:34 PM

I couldn't POSSIBLY be more psyched!!! The new song sounds killer!

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

PrepDoggPrepDoggNew Member
Jun 7, 2010, 11:36 PM

Im going in 2 weeks.....june 20th!

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Jun 8, 2010, 09:55 AM

"Den54 wrote:

Geeze no Fl dates?:tantrum:
I saw them here in my home town in 86.

Maiden doesn't make very many stops in Florida unfortunately, one of the main reasons I've never seen them live.:sad:

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jun 8, 2010, 10:39 AM

Phins28 beat me to it. I just got the email this morning about the new song with the link, anyone can download from the official IronMaiden.com site. Very cool. Just heard the song, it's interesting... different... yet similar... like the riff, they didn't do too much of that on the last album. Less than two weeks until the San Bernardino show! Going to be a giant pit in the middle with assigned seating around it... that will be interesting.... Now I need to get the song on my IPhone so I can listen on the drive in...

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Jun 8, 2010, 10:55 AM

"PrepDogg wrote:

Im going in 2 weeks.....june 20th!

July 12th for me!

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jun 8, 2010, 11:01 AM

"Den54 wrote:

Geeze no Fl dates?:tantrum:
I saw them here in my home town in 86.

What's funny about the lack of FL dates is that Nicko lives in Florida. Maybe he doesn't want his family showing up to the gig... :shifty:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Jun 8, 2010, 11:07 AM

I think that new album cover might have to find it's way under the hood of my car. :devil2:

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Jun 8, 2010, 12:10 PM

The band reunited with long-time MAIDEN producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to The Cave Studios in Malibu, California to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the "Piece Of Mind" (1983), "Powerslave" (1984) and "Somewhere In Time" (1986) albums.

Bruce comments: "The studio had the same vibe and it was EXACTLY as it had been in 1983, NOTHING had changed! Even down to the broken shutter in the corner... same carpet... everything... It was really quite spooky. But we felt very relaxed in such a familiar and well-trodden environment and I think this shows in the playing and the atmosphere of the album."

Says bass player and founder member Steve Harris: "We're hugely excited about this tour. I think the fans will really like the brand new stage production and lights and we will also be debuting one of the new album tracks , 'El Dorado'. Our Texan fans will be the very first people anywhere to hear it live, so it will be interesting to see their reaction and how it goes down with the crowd on the night! Eddie has changed a bit for this tour but is possibly the most outrageous one to date... I can't say too much about him as don't want to spoil the surprise but I guarantee he will scare the hell out of you!"

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

DEDen54Supporter
Jun 8, 2010, 04:18 PM

This is Bullshiz!!

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Jun 9, 2010, 09:31 AM

"Den54 wrote:

This is Bullshiz!!

Huh?

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jun 9, 2010, 10:44 AM

I have to say honestly... that I'm not too high on the new song. Comparing it to their average song, I would say it's below average. Anyone hear the new Rush songs? I would rate Caravan below average for them, but BU2B is AMAZING!

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

DEDen54Supporter
Jun 9, 2010, 05:45 PM

"Pagan wrote:

Huh?

Not coming to FL.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jun 19, 2010, 12:35 AM

Maiden... clap clap clap... Maiden... clap clap clap... Maiden... clap clap clap...

t minus 22 hours and counting for me... Hoping for a good spot in the pit at San Bernardino... looks like FTTB isn't working there... but they have these things called fast passes that lets you jump the line for $5 per ticket thru Live Nation... not sure about that... eh....

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

PrepDoggPrepDoggNew Member
Jun 21, 2010, 07:09 PM

They were friggin' awesome as always....woulda liked more of the older stuff but they still kicked ass!

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Jun 21, 2010, 08:47 PM

Okay, how effin' cool is this. I get an email from a friend of mine who knows someone who works at EMI. He forwarded this to me, check this out:

Hey ****,

A big PR release is coming out today regarding the new Maiden album, give your buddy with the Maiden Stang my work email and tell him to send me photos, along with his contact info & a little bit about why he decided to do up the car the way he did and I'll forwrdd it to their A&R guy.

Thanks!

********
EMI Music - North America
Paralegal - Legal & Business Affairs
150 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10011

Ho. Lee. SHOOT!

I sent the shots and made it CLEAR I want the boys to sign my dashboard. he replied that it's in their hands and he can't promise anything but he'll see what happens.

Can you imagine if I can get pix of Maiden with my car? :punk:

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D