IRENE, I say again IRENE!
18 replies
Its that time of the year for some of us, so get it together, guys and gals! Batten down the hatches cause theres gonna be a blow!
http://www.noaawatch.gov/2011/tc_at09.php
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/083214.shtml?tswind120#contents

This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS

I live in Charlotte NC, people are already freaking out. Being from South Florida, I got some wine, I say bring it on haha
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

It's been awhile since we've had a legit hurricane threat (and I don't include weak tropical storms). Anyways, I'm praying it doesn't hit.
Prepare for the worst,hope for the best.Sorta like the Fins.
Stay high and dry folks, best wishes!
OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.
Yay, beachfront communities in Long Island are being evacuated. This means me unfortunately. They expect flooding to get as high as the 2nd floor in multi-story houses or apartments.
Supposed to have the Quiksilver surf tournament next week in Long Beach where I live...wonder if this will impact that at all. Gotta say I was looking forward to the tournament but parking in Long Beach is bad enough so it wouldnt be a total loss!
I remember Hurricane Floyd in 1999 when it hit NY, is this one supposed to be that much worse???
1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team
K I K O
"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:
I remember Hurricane Floyd in 1999 when it hit NY, is this one supposed to be that much worse???
You might not have been alive for gloria in 1985 but yes that one was worse for south shore of long island. This was a category 3 as of this morning, dont know if it still is honestly because im sick of hearing about it. For comparison Katrina was a category 4/5. South of one of the main roads about 2 miles inland from where my parents are is probably going to be evacuated meaning im going to be 2/2 on evacuations. FML :(
"SICK wrote:
I live in Charlotte NC, people are already freaking out. Being from South Florida, I got some wine, I say bring it on haha
did you get some bon bons to go with your wine, Peggy Bundy?
Overrated. Media frenzy. Nothing to see here.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
Nothing too bad to report here in the Utica area, as far as I know. Around me, about a dozen trees uprooted on our neighbor's property, one tree at my uncle's property, and about 7-8 hours without power. Of course, almost everyplace from Utica east is relatively underwater. Luckily, after a hurricane (or whatever we're calling this cause it changed names about three times over the day) it's supposed to be nice for quite a few days, so everything (at least around me) should be back to normal (or as close to normal as we can get) soon.
Dolphins Fan since 1991.
Wow the death toll has jumped to 40. It may have only been a category 1, but it struck upstate NY, Vermont, New Hampshire dead on and those buildings and towns are not built for that. NYC, LI, etc really don't have much damage. Don't forget the people who live in Upstate and New England though. I've seen pics of destroyed roads, farms and historic 1800s New England covered bridges destroyed. One of the older ones in Vermont washed away. Also a 156 year old one in NY got destroyed. Most of the problems have been further inland. Apparently the streams and lakes end up being worse than the coastal areas, they should've focused more on those inland places as well.
It may have been overrated for NYC, but not in general. Don't think NYC has to worry unless a Cat 2 or Cat 3 hits and floods the subways which would destroy them for weeks and months because of the salt. Those buildings are strong though, the new WTC has glass that can take 125 mph winds and not break.
1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team
K I K O
"SICK wrote:
I live in Charlotte NC, people are already freaking out. Being from South Florida, I got some wine, I say bring it on haha
I was born and raised in Kansas. Very use to tornados and all night thunderstorms. Out here in Colorado, most people are scared to death of them.
"steveincolorado wrote:
I was born and raised in Kansas. Very use to tornados and all night thunderstorms. Out here in Colorado, most people are scared to death of them.
Yeah, it's all fun and games until one of those things lifts you house and carries it god-knows-where which then lands on an unsuspecting bystander, killing hem instantly.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:
Wow the death toll has jumped to 40. It may have only been a category 1, but it struck upstate NY, Vermont, New Hampshire dead on and those buildings and towns are not built for that. NYC, LI, etc really don't have much damage. Don't forget the people who live in Upstate and New England though. I've seen pics of destroyed roads, farms and historic 1800s New England covered bridges destroyed. One of the older ones in Vermont washed away. Also a 156 year old one in NY got destroyed. Most of the problems have been further inland. Apparently the streams and lakes end up being worse than the coastal areas, they should've focused more on those inland places as well.
It may have been overrated for NYC, but not in general. Don't think NYC has to worry unless a Cat 2 or Cat 3 hits and floods the subways which would destroy them for weeks and months because of the salt. Those buildings are strong though, the new WTC has glass that can take 125 mph winds and not break.
Kind of weird how it hit Vermont and NH so hard, but didn't do too much to Massachusetts.
testing
I had a work trip to Richmond, VA this week and my original hotel was without power on Monday (took a while to find one with power and not sold out). Went through a couple neighborhoods and worst damage seemed to be branches in yards/roads and a couple toppled trees. A lot of people were still without power yesterday, but I'm personally flying home today so eh.
I thought when it finally hit New York and further north it was only a tropical storm too, not a hurricane any longer?
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
8-16 inches of rain over a 24 hour span in hilly areas is going to cause horrible flooding. I think Mass got away cleaner in part because of their topography. I expect CT to see some scary river levels in the next couple of days and even more flooding down there.
OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.
"SICK wrote:
I live in Charlotte NC, people are already freaking out. Being from South Florida, I got some wine, I say bring it on haha
Wine is for the females, home slice.
Darrelle Revis = Greatest Defensive Player of All-Time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsuLFxXi_aw
"Darrelle Revis wrote:
Wine is for the females, home slice.
And home slice is a term for the early 1990's.