1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ireland's pre draft conference Q&A

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BB Ocho, Apr 12, 2010.

1. BB Ocho

BB Ocho Season Ticket Holder

Dec 10, 2007
    Florence, SC
    (On after quarterback, what positions he feels are most important in building a team) Jeff Ireland– “I think there are certain core positions out there that you have to have. One is cornerback, one is left tackle, pressure players, a quarterback, a No. 1 receiver, nose tackle. I think those are all important and I think those are all core positions.”

(On how many of those core players he feels are on the team now) Jeff Ireland-- “We don’t have a whole lot of those core positions right now, to be honest with you. We need probably all of them in every area.”

I think this was done prior to 2008.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

yup i posted it a while ago. it's good stuff and thanks for posting again. a lot of people feel like parcells is running the draft and i have to say i think this is ireland's team.

i can honestly see us picking dez if he's on the board. even if it is parcell's team he did draft key back in the day IIRC

BB Ocho likes this.
  3. BB Ocho

Dec 10, 2007
    Florence, SC
    Was searching the archives and saw this. Didn't know you posted it, sorry man. Would've been great to have "safety" as one of his core positions as well. still need pressure players (OLB) and nose tackle though. Doesn't clear up much but like seeing #1 WR in there.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Irish didn't really say anything anyway, now during his "fans questions" interview, there was hidden gold...:yes:

5. BB Ocho

Dec 10, 2007
    Florence, SC
    has there been a transcript released of Ireland's last press thing and fan Q/A?

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
  7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I think Key was drafted the year before BP came to town.