1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ireland is the Man for Ross (and therefore the fans)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jan 13, 2012.

1. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado

Thats a complete exaggeration, it was Ireland not the Dolphins who passed on Gronkowski.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I made a lot of threads about drafting that stud, even had some excellent inside info on him, should of been a dolphin..He flashed greatness on his film, and the inside info was about his back.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

DJ, you and me as a team could have done better for the Dolphins over the last 4 years of drafts. I remember who you wanted in that fateful 2010 draft. I would have stood pat in round 1 and taken Earl Thomas. If you went back to the predraft threads, I'm sure my desire for drafting Earl is mentioned several times. Since we wouldn't have traded the 2nd rounders for BM, in the 2nd round, you as my drafting compadre could taken Gronk. Just to be sure, we would have doubled down by taking Jimmy Graham in round 3, I remember you clamoring for him at least as much as for Gronk.

I did like AJ Edds a lot and if the draft had played out the way it did, I'd have probably taken him in the 4th just as the real Dolphins did. But, I'd not have waived him already either. Give him time to develop.
    How would we have done the rest of the draft? We'd not have taken Carroll because if it were up to me, Ginn was worth keeping just for returns. Would you have concurred on that? I remember thinking we got a bargain in Reshad Jones in the 5th. Austin Spitler was worthwhile in the 7th too.

4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Ross was was quoted in the Miami Herald this morning in regards to Ireland, "I think he has done an outstanding job creating the team we've put on the field the last four years". If this quote by Ross doesn't prove that he has no clue about what it takes to be a successful NFL owner, nothing else will convince the Ross lovers out there.

To conclude that Ireland has done an outstanding job creating a team which has gone 31-34 over this four year period, with three consecutive losing seasons, just boggles the mind. It is evident from this comment by Ross that he obviously has much lower expectations for the Dolphin organization than the fans who have followed the team for years. If Ross wants to see how someone goes about building an OUTSTANDING football team, he needs to take a close look at the Patriots organization over the last decade.

To state that what Ireland has build over the last four years is,"outstanding", merely shows that Ross is happy with the Dolphins being a mediocre to bad football team over these past four years. Hopefully Ross will take his twisted logic and move back to where he came from, while selling the team to someone who actually knows something about owning and running a professional football team. I fear for the future of the Dolphin organization if Ross truly feels that Ireland has put an outstanding product on the field the last four years.

PSG likes this.
  5. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Nope. Fisher was 3rd IMO.

1. Cowher - said no.
    2. Gruden - said no.
    3. Fisher - said no.

jw3102 and Larryfinfan like this.