1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iowa State vs Oklahoma (Jalen Hurts)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Vertical Limit, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Lets see what Jalen is made of against one of the better defenses in the country.

2. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Just like they drew it up. Throw into triple coverage for a TD.

3. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Hurts seems like a run first QB. Good for college, but that will get you killed in the NFL eventually. If he develops more as a passer though, then you have something.

4. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    he hasnt impressed today .. hes has had better games..

Like i said iowa state is a top defense, but you cant make that throw in triple coverage, then another throw that couldve been a pick six, then he had another close interception chance..

i still think he gets picked in the middle of the first round.

Puka-head and texanphinatic like this.
  5. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but the whole run first QB argument is bunk. Just stop with it.

Hurts can spin it. And running the football gets first downs and TD's too. It's not a weakness in a QBs game to be able to get yards on the ground. If he can't get yards thru the air and make NFL throws, that's a weakness.

Why on Earth would being able to do BOTH make him a lesser QB??? Totally do not get that argument. Never will.

6. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    1) The more you run the more you're setting yourself up to blow a knee, tweak an ankle, so forth.

2) Running itself isnt a weakness. Doing it because you cant find the open man when he is open, that is a weakness. Regardless of how well you physically throw the ball.

Not saying this describes Hurts, but just saying generally.