1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting chart on all-time passing TD leaders

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Dolphin1184, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    [​IMG]
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ug=ys-manningclimbs101109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Look's like Peyton is on pace to go past Favre as all time TD leader. Unless, of course, either he gets a career ending injury or Favre plays into his 60s. Frankly I hope Manning gets it because I can't think of a better person to earn this title (since Marino's record was already broken by Favre). Plus, he wouldn't be leading the league in INTs as well. Hopefully, he can also add some more superbowls to his resume so he would never be "in the shadow" of Tom Brady's 3 superbowls.

muscle979 and gafinfan like this.
  2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I hope he gets the record too... better him than Favre.

gafinfan likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Damn, on pace for 577 TDs.

4. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I was thinking about this last night while watching Payton play. He is truly amazing and a joy to watch. If he remains healthy and plays until his late 30's he will own every record worth owning. By my count he should pass Danny's 420 late next year or early 2011 and by 2013 he should be well above Farve.:up:

All of this couldn't happen to a better or more class act.:up:

Soundwave likes this.
  5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    that projection is not accurate at all.

He's only about 30 TDs ahead of where Favre was at his age, after 11 years of playing. So how is he going to be 100 ahead of him 7 years from now?

The following chart shows the real picture.

[​IMG]

The top red line is Manning's projection based on his TD pace at age 33.

The bottom red line is Favre's projection based on his TD pace at age 33.

Notice that Favre's has not maintained the same pace, and is 50 TDs behind his projection. Manning will do the same.

If Manning maintains his current pace, he will catch Favre at age 37.