Insider trading criminal investigation completed, indictments expected

2 replies

padre31padre31Luxury BoxOP
Nov 21, 2010, 12:52 AM

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704170404575624831742191288.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

WSJ is funny about cut and pasting stuff from their website so I'll just hit the highlights:

- 3yr long probe

-consultants were used as middle men for passing non public information

-Broadband Research informed clients they had vists from the FBI.

Electronic Trading Bots are so prevalent on Wall St it would be quite easy to collude to manipulate prices of shares as some Bots literally make thousands of trades over minute fluctuations in share prices.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Nov 22, 2010, 05:43 PM

I think insider trading should be legal, but its certainly good to hear that those breaking the law will be brought to justice.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

EshlemonEshlemonForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2010, 05:58 PM

"padre31 wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704170404575624831742191288.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

WSJ is funny about cut and pasting stuff from their website so I'll just hit the highlights:

- 3yr long probe

-consultants were used as middle men for passing non public information

-Broadband Research informed clients they had vists from the FBI.

-Goldman Sachs bankers leaking info on transactions.