1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inside Slant

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Mar 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  2. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Nice read

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I didn't know about this ..

"—Virginia coach Al Groh is tight with Dolphins new linebackers coach Jim Reid, who before joining the Dolphins staff this season, was the head coach of Virginia Military Institute and Richmond. So, Reid is also well aware of Virginia defensive end Chris Long's outstanding collegiate career."

4. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    They usually have some good tidbits of info in there articles.:wink2:

alen1 likes this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    thanks FFIC. nice read there. good in depth report on the team and recent additions, and some of the more recent developments regarding the draft. personally i like that were paying so much attention to chad henne. I think he has some potential. However i think the same of beck. Im not sure what to do here. Thank god its BP and JI's job and not mine! hah

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  6. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Thanks for the link, it's a good read, but it conflicts with the other post where you linked to earlier that had a quote saying he could play the 3-4 or the 4-3:

--------------------------------------------
    The Dolphins made it clear to several rookies interviewed at the NFL Scouting Combine that they will be predominately a 3-4 defense, so expect any draft picks to have plenty of experience in that scheme.

That seems to rule out DT Glenn Dorsey, who isn't considered healthy enough or strong enough to occupy two bodies at the nose in the 3-4. Virginia's DE Chris Long is believed to be the frontrunner for Miami's top choice, not only because he's used to Parcells' methods via Cavaliers coach Al Groh — a Tuna disciple — but he has the smarts and measurables to play in any system. He would be the perfect successor on and off the field to Jason Taylor, who is believed to be on the trading block despite Parcells' denials.
    ----------------------------------------------

The experts seem to be split on whether he can play in the 3-4, I have seen it written both ways in multiple places.

And I really like this part:
    That group included Dolphins quarterbacks coach David Lee and director of college scouting Chris Grier. The cone of silence is still in place at Dolphins headquarters, so don't expect any reaction to the workout from any team officials

No clue where there going with the pick!

Fin Fan In Cali and alen1 like this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good read up. That is interesting... maybe the writer is writing what people want to here lol