1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inside Slant by USA Today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Inside Slant - USATODAY.com

"I got my fill of Ricky Williams when we played him before and he had a ton of yards against us when in New England," said Mangini, then a defensive assistant under Bill Belichick.
    "He looks outstanding. He really does. He looks like I remember; runs hard, make the same cuts he used to make.
    "He's a difficult back to get ready for. Add in Ronnie Brown and the problems that he creates with the physical front they have, it'll be a challenge."
    Mangini was referring, of course, to massive left tackle Jake Long, the top overall pick last April, and surprising rookie guard Donald Thomas.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    The Phins are actually a great first game for the Jets. With all the changes made on defense and Miami's seemingly high powered running game, it'll tell them a lot about where they are and where they need to get to.

How long Kris Jenkins is able to stay on the field and be effective will play a huge role in determining the outcome of this game.

Fin Fan In Cali and alen1 like this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Agreed, when the Fins hand the Jets a loss tomorrow, the Jets will know they have a lot more work to do. :lol:

4. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Exactly. Jets need to force 3rd and longs and make Chad Pennington win the game. The more Chad throws, the more likely the Jets are to win.

5. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    Good read, thanks for the good find. I'm really excited about our running game this year, hopefully we're in the top 5 in the league for rushing. Hell, we could be alot better than that.

Fin Fan In Cali and cnc66 like this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think we could be the top rushing team in the league but I don't know if we will be in the end. Our rookies across the offensive line, Thomas and Long, will have some bumps in the road.

I'm not sure who will be the top rushing team this year, possibly Carolina? Carolina has nice RB's with Stewart and Williams.

Minnesota will be near the top but not for the first four games or so. They often run a play called 64 weak with Adrian Peterson, where he bounces to the left once McKinnie seals up the End and Hutchinson covers the Tackle or LB. McKinnie is suspended four games and Artis Hicks has a tough start in McKinnie's absence. With Taylor, they run an inside zone. Its a slow developing play but pays big dividends. I don't know how successful of a team they will be in the first four games because they rely so much on McKinnie and Hutchinson to do the work. Don't be surprised to see them start off slow.

Jacksonville will be up there, San Diego and a surprise team of mine could be Detroit in the top ten. They have two big-time wideouts on the outside which makes team play coverage. Smith and Johnson could do some damage.