1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inside Slant by USA Today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/home.htm

—LB Quentin Moses has moved from defensive end to outside linebacker because of his athleticism. "He was probably a great basketball player in high school. He's in a two-point stance, which is a little bit different for him right now and there's always a little bit of a transition going from a three-point to a two-point, but he's handled it very well. He seems to have good vision, he seems to see things well, he seems to be fairly comfortable and smooth in the coverage in transition," said defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni.

Ireland had over $30 million in cap funds, but instead of blowing it on the sexiest free agent like the previous regime did with LB Joey Porter, he spent wisely by acquiring hungry players on the cusp of stardom such as G Justin Smiley, WR Ernest Wilford, LBs Reggie Torbor and Charlie Anderson, QB Josh McCown and DT Randy Starks. The toughest cut had to be the unceremoniously dumping of oft-concussed MLB Zach Thomas, who landed smoothly in Big D.

Larryfinfan, gafinfan, Bpk and 5 others like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think many of us expected him to move to LB, it was just a matter of when. I'm glad to see he is picking it up though. I always thought he was extremely underweight to play the position but he is ten pounds lighter and an inch taller than Shawne Merriman of the Chargers. Moses ran a 4.82 forty coming into this league.

Also, to compare him to another 34 defense Linebacker, he actually is taller and outweighs Dallas' Demarcus Ware. Only difference is the speed which is also the same when comparing him to Merriman.

3. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Great Find- Interesting Tidbit about Moses

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Interesting read.

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Decent write-up.

I'm too tired to comment though. lol.

6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I have nothing but faith in Moses. He was a standout here at Georgia and will prove his worth this year.:up: