1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injury Update with Dolphins Tidbits

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by frags, Oct 13, 2010.

1. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    Article on miamidolphins.com concerning the LB overhaul with these tidbits at the end:

INJURY UPDATE: For the first time this regular season and probably going all the way back to the start of training camp, everyone on the Dolphins’ roster participated in practice. There was nobody on the stationary bike as left tackle Jake Long (knee) practiced but in limited fashion after missing all of last week and being relegated to the bike on Monday. Rookie defensive end Jared Odrick (leg) also was limited while inside linebacker Channing Crowder (groin) practiced in full. ... For the Packers, quarterback Aaron Rodgers (concussion), linebacker Clay Matthews (hamstring), nose tackle Ryan Pickett (ankle), tight end Donald Lee (chest) and offensive tackle Mark Tauschner (shoulder) did not practice. Free safety Nick Collins (knee), linebacker Chad Clifton (knee), defensive end Brandon Chillar (shoulder) and defensive end Cullen Jenkins (hamstring/hand) all were limited. Fullback Quinn Johnson (glute) and cornerback Sam Shields) calf) practiced in full. Middle linebacker Nick Barnett (wrist) and tight end Jermichael Finley (knee) have been ruled out.

DOLPHINS TIDBITS: Sparano revealed that there was a bit of a change in his practice regimen this week as he has moved special teams drills up to the beginning. That was of course the biggest area of concern in the 41-14 loss to New England and led to his decision to make a change in coordinators from John Bonamego to Darren Rizzi. He said they’re trying to do some things different structurally but he wants to see it translate to the field Sunday. ... In terms of special teams personnel, Sparano acknowledged that should Crowder return to his position on defense, Dobbins and Carpenter would likely see an increased role on special teams. ... As for the cohesion of the offensive line with Jerry working his way back, Sparano believes it will take a little time for the rookie to get back to where he was during the first two games. ... Second-year cornerback Vontae Davis continued his entertaining ways in front of a microphone and a camera by joking that Packers wide receiver Donald Driver “is old enough to be my father. ... They say the older you get the smarter you get but I’m not looking for him to shake me. I feel like I’m younger, I should win the most battles, but he’s older and he’s got more experience.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/dolphins-linebackers-holding-their-own-despite-overhaul

2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

No, not Sam Shields!

3. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

Wasnt carpenter responsible for the two blocked kicks?

Less might be better in this case. :pointlol:

Puka-head likes this.
  4. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    Crowder will start, in case you care.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i thought benny sapp was not at practice today ?

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Any Favre tidbits? :shifty:

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    More Carpenter on STs doesn't fill me with hope, but Dobbins back on STs is a plus. Actually, Dobbins has been an unexpected liability in the run game so it may be a double plus.

FinFan_Est.1984 likes this.
  8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    This article was dated 10/13 (yesterday). Sapp missed today so our everybody at practice streak was short lived. Still, we're probably the healthiest we've been all season.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I always wonder how a coach takes a weakness, moves it to the forefront of practice and doesn't worry that another part of the game will now suffer.