1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inflation, a primer

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by padre31, Apr 20, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/KD17Dj03.html

gafinfan likes this.
  2. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Another indicator of our real problem.

http://www.kansascity.com/275/story/1099497.html

We are at the door padre31, its open, and Obama is about to take us into that third world room.:pity:

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That depends GA, our economy can recover if we became realistic and actually developed our natural assets as well as reducing debt and making it easier to do business in the US.

We will see inflation sooner or later, the real problem is, inflation plus embedded costs adds up to a stagnant economy with very little job creation or opportunities.

The "poor" are going to be really hard hit in the next two years, wages will not rise with inflation, they never have, so that 280 bucks a week will shrink more and more in terms of buying power, and that is assuming one can find a 40 hour a week job.

gafinfan likes this.
  4. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

What you say is true of course; its really a matter of making the right choice. We have enought natural assets to supply ourselves and get out of debt also its just a matter of making the decision to do so. I sometimes wonder if the wizard is pulling his strings so that the rest of the world runs out so that we rise again. You know that sooner or later the world will have to come knocking. Of course if they already own all of those mineral rights because of our debt they'll just take it and run! In either case I don't like the wizard's plan. I want us to become free again and that requires that we become a supplier again not an end user that we are now. Its to the point that you either work for the government, are on welfare/SS, or work in the tourist industry. That is not good!!:shifty::shifty: