1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Not since the '07 season has there been such an avalanche of pessimism. Every single "expert" is picking the Pats. What's worse is it has even spread to fantasy football. they're telling everyone to sit every Dolphin player, even the kicker...

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=09000d5d813f2e72&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Heck, even on Finheaven.com they're hocking Pats merchandise and lauding the trolls there as being savants of the gridiron. Granted it's a genpop site, and the Jet uber trolls make anyone seemingly enlightened by comparison, but still.

Despite all this, I still gotta believe that this is the best team we have put up against the Pats in a loonngg time. Am I being delusional or do we really have no shot?

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It's going to be tough because of the rookie secondary going against three guys that were part of the most prolific passing attack since Marino's heyday. That's why everyone is picking us to lose. Sure they have a chance but they'll need an epic pass rush and the rookie mistakes to stay at a minimum.

3. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Just your typical Patsy media love. As soon as everyone realized the Pats are average this year, they hopped off the bandwagon. After destroying two doormats in Tennessee and Tampa Bay, the media is back to stroking the Pats. They'll be off the bandwagon soon enough though with some of the games the Pats still have to play.

Miguel likes this.
  4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    muscle979 says it perfectly we have to not give Brady time to get the passes off. Everytime he stands and looks they will be moving the chains. I think the game will be on if our DEs can get to him.

5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    think this is a case of lingering respect for a declining patsy team that has no natural pass rush and no running game. they have their holes, we have ours. we dont deserve respect either becuase we have shot ourselves in the foot all season long. personally i think we are a better team than the patsies but it doesnt mean anything unless we prove it on the field

eric, Phins28, mullingan and 4 others like this.
  6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    We have a better chance than the Bucs or Titans had

resnor likes this.
  7. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I'm hoping Ricky and Ronnie tear through their defense, we need them big time. I have seen some experts pick the Fins. We can beat them, but I guess I can see why people have their doubts that we can close a win. We have to prove we can!

8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Butane in my veins so I'm out to cut the junkie.

Every team has holes. That's why they play the games. Games are won inbetween the sidelines, not in the papers.

And so many other cliche sayings.

Yes, we've got a shot.

dolphindebby likes this.
  9. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Nah,just the media hype as usual.I can't remember the last time the Pat's were less than 10 point favorites against us,but I can remember the 5 times we beat(Brady) them. :yes:

10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Of course they have weapons, but so do we.
    I think we pose some real problems for the Patsies.
    They have also played an EXTREMELY easy schedule so far.
    My prediction:
    Good guys 31
    Bad guys 28.

dolphindebby likes this.
  11. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    FWIW, a group of 10 former NFL scouts writing a collective "10 predictions" column for Sporting News Today picked the Dolphins to win.

12. anlgp

you have a link to the article? i'd like to read it :)

13. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    We have as good a shot to knock off the Pats as any other team; better if you ask me.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  14. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

**** new england

EdSta74 and Agua like this.
  15. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    azfinfanmang and anlgp like this.
  16. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Anyone who is writing us off just yet is doing so based solely on the fact that we've got a rookie secondary against Tom Brady, and have so far been carved up by pass heavy offenses. Couple that with our lackluster offensive play last week, and you get an idea of why we're the heavy underdogs.

It will require a serious step in progress by our secondary, and a beastly performance by the offense. No mistakes, no dropped footballs, and no turnovers.

17. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I don't care who "they" pick.
    Our team is getting better and better each game.
    We have just as good a chance as any one against ne.

I just want us to win so bad. It would even be better than sweeping the-------now what's that teams name again?

18. anlgp

19. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Let them pick against us,it will be that much better if we win.Let this serve as motivation for our Fins to play well.I think when focused our team is much better than people think. These expert picks are just them following around the flavor of the month teams. I honestly believe we have a chance in every game,look at last year when we beat New England nobody expected us to win when we unveiled the wildcat and who knows they might have a few new plays up their sleeves this time. Go Fins!

20. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    no........your just a monkey.:lol:

late again likes this.
  21. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Dude, I have not thrown feces at anybody in the longest:chuckle: