1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Honor of Ronnie Brown: Tell Us Your Wildcat Debut Story

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Aug 2, 2011.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    In honor of Ronnie Brown's departure from Miami, I think it would be interesting if we all shared our memories of the "Wildcat Game", that fateful game in Foxboro, back in September of 2008. How do you remember that game when we kicked the Pats in the nuts, 38-13?

I'll begin: I stupidly booked a flight that landed at halftime. When the plane touched down, I called my Dad, and he tried to explain to me what in the hell Ronnie Brown had done to the Pats. Ronnie scored 3 TDs on the same trick play? What!?!?!? I got to my usual bar and all the regulars who know me, tried to tell me what happened. And then it happened again. Ronnie ran for a 62 yard TD. I musta watched Sportscenter 100 times that night. I couldn't get enough. I remember being on Finheaven and there was a thread about what we should call the play. Its was an amazing time. Thanks for the memories, Ronnie!

Rhody Phins Fan likes this.
  2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

This thread is dead to me.

3. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I remember watching that game and just saying to myself, Holy ****!!! And as we continued to score, I couldn't believe what was going on. I was literally yelling my face off in the bar and it felt amazing. I texted every one of my friends and they were just as amazed.

When he took the first snap, I thought to myself after stated expletive above, what are we doing? Is this serious? And then it just continued to work.

4. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Thanks for all of the good memories Ronnie. I will never forget your ridiculous stiff arm that has own its share of defenders.

5. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    My brother in law got two tickets from his buddy and then gave them to me. They were behind one of the endzones and I went with my best friend who is a Pats fan. We were watching the game and then all of a sudden I saw Pennington lined up at wide receiver and I pointed it out to my friend. I had no idea what was going on. When Ronnie threw the pass to Fasano I went crazy. It was fantastic. By the end of the third quarter there was a flood of Pats fans leaving the stadium. It was fantastic.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Around the second time Ronnie troll-faced the entire Pats defense and Belichick...
    [​IMG]

rdhstlr23 likes this.
  7. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I thought the team was being punk'd and that the whole game was a joke.

8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    We were 0-2 and going to NE. I still bet there is not a single person here who thought we would win that game.
    After that game David Lee was a hero. Our next OC was in place.
    I was drunk and the WildCat left the womb.
    Great day!

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

But seriously, I remember I was at church that morning (3 years is a long time). We got out after 1:00 pm and I was pissed because my priorities were right even then. So we got in the car and shifted it to 560 to hear the call on the ride home and we found out we were up 7-3. Pretty happy. We got home before anything else had happened but hadn't heard about the WC yet. Got home in time to see Ronnie stone a Pat DB in the end-zone for a TD as well. Then, we got the Wildcat. Ronnie banged another in, and then magic kept happening. It was a damn good day.

10. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    And to clarify.... That long run by Ronnie.
    Ricky didn't do anything illegal. Pats cried about that.

11. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    One great moment was when the tv camera spotted some pats fan crying at the end.

12. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The block was clean, but there was no need for it. Vrable wasn't even close to or had any chance to catch Ronnie.

13. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    When Fasano punched that football, I busted one.

14. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I was in Iraq at the time. Some friends started a fantasy football league, something I had never done before, but thought, what the hell. One of my backs of course was Ronnie Brown. Being a die hard Dolphins fan, my roster was loaded with Dolphins. The first couple of games I didn't do worth a damn, then came that game against New England and the "Wildcat" was implemented, with Ronnie Brown alone scoring some 42 fantasy points if memory serves correctly.

Not only did the Dolphins whip the crap out of the Patriots that week, I...whipped the crap out of everyone in the FFL and took the weekly prize of $100!!!

I was hooked on the Wildcat since and we used it so effectively that season, reaching its apex when the Dolphins went into New York with their former exiled quarterback Chad Pennington and beat the New York Jets for the AFC East Championship.

lmeister in his post may have came, but I nearly shed tears of joy, after years of ridicule by friends and colleagues, seeing my beloved Dolphins return to greatness!!

Thanks for everything Ronnie. In my heart, no matter where you go, I will always wish you well and always consider you a Miami Dolphin!!! :up:

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  15. NFL2102

NFL2102 New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    At a Hospice, watching the game keeping my mind off my grandfather who would die 3 days later, at the hospice.

16. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Oh man, that's terrible. Hopefully the game helped you out a little bit.