1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

improvements

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, May 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I think the single most important element of the rebuilding project this year has been the establishment of the new offensive line.
    the Orca-5: Long-Smiley-Grove-Thomas-Carey
    will allow the running game to blossom & from that the passing game

the second biggest is the acquisition of WildCatPat. the possibility of a gimmick play turned into a legitimate offensive co-system (to be contended with by NFL defenses) is nothing short of revolutionary in its potential.

Chad Pennington should have a banner year!

our DefensiveBackfield & LB'ing Corp & ST's, all significantly upgraded & will pay serious dividend s as the 2009 season progresses

looks good to me:up:

padre31 likes this.
  2. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I agree with you but I also feel the the biggest and most important move this franchise made was Parcells, Ireland and Sparano or this team was doomed to mediocrity.

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I know I'll get ripped for this but whatever...

I'm not sure I would throw the offensive line in the category of improved. On the surface, yeah... In reality, maybe not.

Brown > Grove. Considering Grove's injury problems, I'm not convinced this was a great signing. It's one of those "wait and see" type of deals. Talent wise he is an upgrade, but that's only if he stays on the field. I would of thought Brown would have been a better signing and not that much more expensive.

Thomas hasn't played a down in the NFL and Smiley has some injury problems too. Combine that with the fact that we haven't really addressed depth of those G positions is kinda scary.

I think our Oline could boom or bust. Hope I'm wrong and the offensive line starts bullying people from start to finish. I'm just not going to bank on it until I see it.

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN likes this.
  4. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Agree with Clark Kent. No depth on our line along with the injury prone players will scare us this season. I'm not ready to call this a great line till the season starts.

BTW Clark, Thomas has played a down in the NFL. He's actually played a whole game.

anlgp likes this.