1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important week for Cameron Wake?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Sep 17, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    As we head into week two of the season, it seems to me that Cam Wake has much to gain or lose this week in that the two players ahead of him, Charlie Anderson and Q Moses have roles that are greatly reduced or they were not effective at in week 1.

For example, Charlie Anderson value to the Phins is that he can play OLB as well as Blocker on Special Teams. In week one the return team was abysmal allowing multiple Falcons to reach the returner unblocked and Anderson's other role as nickel OLB he was invisible at doing.

Q had a great camp but JT has sunk his teeth into the Strong Side OLB role and did not leave the field for any appreciable length of time against the falcons, all things being equal Wake is a much better pass rusher than Q in terms of raw ability.

Cam Wake may or may not be activated for this game, I do suspect if he is not activated this week if Q and Anderson have minor roles or play ineffectively we see Wake next week vs the Chargers.

The other alternative could be Sparano has basically redshirted Cam W and it remains unlikely he will play more than a handful of plays this year barring injuries. Wake in essence would be this year's Shawn Murphy.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    at 27 years old, i dont like the term redshirt Padre..I cannot believe a player with his measureables is not on special teams creating car crashes...I want that 48 inch vertical blocking field goals.

man, i guess that lack of awareness we saw in preseason, outweighed the incredible flashes we saw in pure pass rush talent.....

SCall13 and padre31 like this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Same here Dj, this conversion to OLB obscures what he does the best, and to be honest about it Charlie Anderson did nothing even playing next to a standing up JT.

But when Sparano and Co. form an opinion on a player, that is all she wrote, that is the way it's gonna be, if our passrush needs an upgrade we are a activation away from that becomming a reality.

djphinfan likes this.
  4. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The Godfather (Parcells) is watching from afar and he sees all of the bad traits and poor play. There will be more people leaving at the end of the year if they don't meet expectations.

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Wake will be a very pleasant surprise
    he is a beast on the gridiron