1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 407PhinFan, Sep 7, 2014.

1. 407PhinFan

407PhinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I am INCREDIBLY PROUD of this team right now! We came out at the second half and absolutely dominated, missing six starters! I will be the first to say that I hoped we would win, but I never saw that sort of second half coming! This is exactly what we could never do for these past seasons, stand up and deliver when we have been tested! This is our time!

IT'S A GREAT SEASON TO BE A DOLPHINS FAN EVERYONE!

It's going to be an awesome year. Looking forward to it!

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Amen! Hell of a second half performance after stinking it up in the first!

407PhinFan likes this.
  3. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    SUPER BOWL!!!

right?

4. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

If we can play THAT shi**y for a half, and still throw up 33 and hold the Pats to a shutout in the 2nd half?!?!??!?!!!!

Playoffs baby!!!

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  5. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Better than the 3-0 start last year....by far! Best game I have seen since the wildcat ***-whooping in Foxborough.

6. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Great turnaround. Lots of heart and emotion shown on the field.

7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    What a fantastic game. We absolutely DEMOLISHED them in the 2nd half. Complete domination.

8. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Woooooooooooo

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Hell yes!! The offense and defense both looked nice if you remove those turnovers. To overcome 3 turnovers vs NE and come out 2 Tds up is impressive!! Moreno has my utmost respect. Give that man an extension through 2017 please. Release the KRAKEN!!

10. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    #strongertogether

Pandarilla likes this.
  11. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    What I enjoyed most about this win was the way the team ran the ball,that really impressed me.It's been too long since I have seen that.

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'll have a Ronin's Review up later tonight, but what an awesome win! The sick part is that Miami didn't play all that well for a good chunk of the game. I'm not sure what the final yardage was, but the 2nd half may have been the fewest yards allowed EVER to a Tom Brady offense. The record was 60 (part of the 21-0 shutout Miami had in 2006); I'll give Kevin Coyle credit for making adjustments and even mid-game shifting to a pseudo 3-4 alignment (more on that tonight).

Quick Thoughts:

- Knowshon Moreno is Marshawn Lynch Lite. Fantastic performance today.
    - Cameron Wake.
    - I was really impressed with the quickness of the D-line. Only gave up 89 yards rushing. 21 of that was on the Edelman jet sweeps, so the avg. ypc is skewed.
    - Mike Wallace had a roller coaster day. He's frustrating on a lot of levels, but he had some key plays.
    - Where was Charles Clay? Brandon Gibson? So many layers to the offense...potentially.
    - The Redzone and goal-to-go playcalling stunk, but so did the execution.
    - Earl Mitchell is going to be a nice find. Not many 310lbs D-linemen move laterally the way he does.
    - So is Chris McCain.
    - Jelani Jenkins played a lot better today than he did all preseason. And it's nice having Jason Trusnik as a veteran backup.

I'm not usually one to think this way, but if you told me that Miami would beat New England without Mike Pouncey, Reshad Jones, Dion Jordan, Philip Wheeler, Koa Misi, and Dannell Ellerbe...yeah, I'd have called you crazy. Add on top of that the play of Ryan Tannehill was craptacular for a half. Miami thoroughly beat down the Patriots in the second half. I'm hoping the pass-rush was just off in the first half due to the 3 straight turnovers and being on the field a long time - plus New England's equalizer in the 1st quarter was over 7 minutes long in itself. But Wake (2), OV, McCain all had sacks and by my count Odrick, Starks, and one of the DBs (Jamar Taylor?) all had solid hits on Brady.

- Hopefully Miami's LBs corps comes back soon. I know many people on here are pretty down on them - some if it warranted, some not - but I think the defense could be pretty good if they all play like *I think* they're capable.

- Great "W" to start the season. More later tonight.