1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to see Jackson Browne tonight

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by TrueDolFan, Aug 31, 2009.

1. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    I won tickets to see Jackson Browne on the local classic rock station a few months ago. Tonight's the night of the show. I'm not super-enthused about it, I like a coupla songs, but wouldn't go if it wasn't free. I don't know, maybe he'll be really good and turn me into a fan.

Anybody ever see him?

2. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    If anybody cares, the show was ho-hum. Pretty much what I expected, but I'm sure the true Jackson Browne fans really dug it.

The man is definitely in the elite class of live performers, one of those guys who you see and recognize that "this guy is on another level than most, and there is a reason why he's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". I just really don't care for his music all that much...

To sum it up, I wouldn't have paid to see him in the first place, and wouldn't pay to see him again.

3. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i know very little of him or his music but what i have heard does not belong on a classic rock station. the few songs i listened to were more pop country then rock..i thought of a very watered down tom petty when i heard his new song. is all of his stuff that countryish? oh and congratz to not having to pay to endure it!

4. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    No, not all of his stuff is that country. If I had to label him, I'd label him easy listening.

Listen to "The Pretender" and "Rock Me On The Water" (great songs, IMO), and that will pretty much give you Jackson Browne in a nutshell.

m ino likes this.
  5. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    easy listening is a good label. i felt like i was walking into one of those up-e-dee coffee shops where the "artist" hang out with their scarfs on. you know..the places they think r.e.m is too retro.