1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Back!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hurricane, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

First and foremost, it's good to be back... for anyone who actually remembers me, I was one of the few that was in the last (to my knowledge) year of ThePHINS.com survivor, as Kelly Kapoor on the Office team with Sean, and a few others whose names I can't seem to recall. Anyway, once things broke down, the drama just got to be too much. There was an alleged hacking, everyone hated eachother, and I decided to just leave the website for awhile. I can only assume the storm has passed, so here I am. One year later.

Long story short, after moving from Coral Gables to Salt Lake City, I re-adopted my childhood team (Seahawks) and kind of forgot about the Dolphins for awhile...distance aside, Jeff Ireland and Stephen Ross have turned the franchise into a circus; if you guys don't know it, the Dolphins are a league-wide laughingstock. Still, though, I think they actually had a good draft (of course, I love Lamar Miller), and I've been watching the games and keeping up with the news.

Let me be the first to say that I've always been a fairweather fan. Other than the Hurricanes, I've never been a diehard of one team in any sport. Ever. I honestly am upset that I can't do it, but I'm always on the move and between the distance and the mediocrity, it's just hard to keep up and I wind up losing interest every time. I envy those who stick with their team; especially you guys, who, let's face it, have had it pretty tough for the majority of your lives.

Anyway, I'm unofficially registering both Dolphins and Seahawks on my "fancard", and I hope to stick around here for good this time. I've also become a member of Seahawks.NET, which I would totally recommend for you guys--especially when we play next month!

the 23rd likes this.
  2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    If you have two teams, you have no teams.

SICK likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    welcome back bro. But that hat in your avatar...thats an infraction by itself :tongue2:

WhiteIbanez and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  4. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

That's fine; as long as I enjoy myself, I don't have any personal reservations... I was the first to claim I was a fair-weather fan, so if it's a problem for you, I'm sorry. I say this without sarcasm; if you'd like to mold me into a better fan than acting like a tough guy, then sign me up. I want nothing more out of this.

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    many men have more than one woman, most men have a second love in football

Hurricane likes this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Don't understand liking multiple teams. I don't see the point. But I respect the honesty. It's just a message board after all. Who cares? Welcome back dude.

Hurricane likes this.
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

Hahaha believe me, if I looked like that, I would NOT be posting pictures of myself online!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/scumbag-steve

8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Welcome back

Hurricane likes this.